Amex disregarding CCA request default

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4849 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

After spending lots of time on the forum I sent my bank a request for our CCA in relation to a large business loan. Our company went into receivership due to a large bluechip client continually paying late. I have been requesting the loan agreement since January and sent the CCA request as a last resort. Now i suspect they have no loan agreement but they have responded saying they are not in default as the CCA does not apply to limited companies!

Is there alternative legislation that does cover ltd company? surley they cant enforce a loan without an agreement.

Many thanks..Llew

Hi Llewelynlad,

Welcome to CAG

May you could give the ICO a ring Data Protection and Freedom of Information Advice - Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), they will tell you how to obtain the information you seek.

I know individuals can send SAR requests with £10, but not sure if it applies to companies.

Amex are chasing me for money, which i dispute i owe. They passed it on to Newmans. I sent the CCA request (to Newmans) which they defualted on. I sent the defualt notice to Newmans. Amex have now passed the account to AIC. I have expalined to a rather snotty woman the stage the account is at, ie the defualt. She is speaking to Amex.

Whats is my next step.SurleyAmex know about the default as Newmans have given up?

Regards

Llew

Amexlink3.gif are chasing me for money, which i dispute i owe. They passed it on to Newmans. I sent the CCA request (to Newmans) which they defualted on. I sent the defualt notice to Newmans. Amex have now passed the account to AIC. I have expalined to a rather snotty woman the stage the account is at, ie the defualt. She is speaking to Amex.

Whats is my next step.SurleyAmex know about the default as Newmans have given up?

Regards

Llew

Hi,

I would be sending AIC letter 17 from here:

The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

and STAY OFF THE PHONE :D (unless you are recording the call)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Oh well, refuse to go through security with them, they then cannot continue the call and they will eventually write to you. You can then hit them with the letter

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Next step? Stop talking to them, their DCAs, their "solicitors" - you need a paper trail.

A CCA request direct to Amex might focus their attention a little - if they have no agreement then you can formally default them and make them look alittle more daft should they then pass it out to yet more DCAs.

Hi,

I would be sending AIC letter 17 from here:

The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

and STAY OFF THE PHONE :D (unless you are recording the call)

Fully agree never talk to these muppets on the phone, best thing is to change your phone number, make it ex directory and be really careful who you give it to.

The phone companies always try to charge, but :smile:if you've been getting "obscene" phone calls they waive the charge.

Amex do give up eventually, but they are hardwork.

• 1 month later...

3 threads on same issue merged.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 1 month later...

Hi

Further to past posts Amex have refered the case back to newmans who are threatning court action. Even though Amex and Newman eventually sent the CCA they are still in defualt as it diddnt arrive in the required time? They also di not send supporting related documents.

Am i correct in assuming that the debt is still un enforceable due to the defualt, even though they sent it late...very late?

Tim

It doesn't matter that they produced the agreement after the prescribed time. All that stopped them doing was chasing for repayment. Once the agreement was supplied they could restart chasing however, they haven't fully complied by not sending you a statement of account.

What is needed now is a view of the agreement to see if it is a "good un" or not

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone

Time to resurrect my Amex thread.

My Amex credit card was used by my company which is now wound up! Amex say the debt is mine and Newmans are dealing with it. I have had the CCA and I have disputed the debt on the grounds that the agreement is

A) an application form and B) clearly states that the application is for “my company Ltd” signed by me.

Amex have said that they have considered the dispute but still insist its my personal debt. Newmans have threatened to SD me now.

I think the agreement (application) is not enforceable, even though it has the prescribed terms on it. It does not say it’s a personal debt nay where and the T &C were never sent to me (only sent them after I requested the CCA)

Also I have never seen a notice of assignation from Newmans.

Any chance of me posting a copy of the agreement for someone to look at before I respond to Newmans

Kindest regards..llewelynlad