MET PArking Notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5008 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wish I had found this forum earlier but any advice would be gratefully received.

I received a MET PCN for an apparent violation at a McDonald's Carpark at Stansted Airport. I was going to collect my husband trip home following a heart attack in Madrid where he is employed full-time. I wasn’t aware until late that there was a French Air Traffic Controller’s strike on that would affect his flight. I checked his flight number over and over again via the Stansted arrivals page on their website and, whilst other flights were being updated to show cancellations or delays, his flight still showed the flight as on time. I had not booked parking as all I was going to do was fill up with petrol, go to McDonald’s and get something to eat and be prepared to leave as soon as he texted, to pick him up.

I had received no text having been at McDonald’s for a while so I used my Blackberry to check the website again but still it said the flight was “on time” and I daren’t leave as I recalled that the pick-up car park was restricted to 15 minutes waiting time. Originally intending to be at MacDonald’s for only 30 minutes-ish, it hadn’t occurred that the parking might be restricted in terms of time/stay and I had eaten there after all!

The only reason I was there was because of the French Air Traffic Controller’s strike and the lack of information.

I appealed by email, nit letter as their response states, but I notice that they are on the AOS list as per the BPA site.

Shall I write back, pay or what?

METpcn.jpg

METappeal.jpg

Edited by Cazmanners
mistake