style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3949 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a Sky+ HD Box installed on 25th May 2010.

I was billed twice within 4 weeks for some odd reason?

Also on 30th May 2010 i emailed them and requested that Sky Sports 1 be taken off my subscription (This was never done).

And as they tried taking money out of my account a lot sooner than they said they would they made me incur a bank charge of £35.00

My current balance stands at £68.00 but in my opinion they should credit that £35.00 to my account for the bank charge as it was their fault, Also they have been overcharging me due to not taking the Sky Sports 1 off of my subscription.

I did complain via email but got nowhere and they said they wouldn't do anything.

What can i do?

Re: 2 bills within 4 weeks, normally with a contract you get within the 1st month a bill for what you have used in that part month, then you get a bill in advance for your next month (some services are payable upfront and others after you have used them)

I'm not a customer of sky so regarding the Sky Sports 1 I'm unsure, but from what I've seen on adverts you get the HD box free if you take a sports package. If that's the case then I think you'll be locked into a minimum term for the sports package.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Did you take the HD Package? Sky tried this on with me when I first signed up. I was told that if I signed up for HD at £10 a month I would get a free HD box, and was then told that I would also receive 2 months of free Sky Sports and Sky Movies, that could be cancelled anytime. Provided I cancel by a certain date, I wouldn't be charged any subscription for them.

When I called to cancel Sports & Movies however, I was told that since I got a free HD box, I had to keep either sports or movies for 12 months. I argued with them that the free HD box was because I signed up to the HD package and had a few back and forth calls with them. Eventually however, Sky backed down and credited me for the overcharge of the sports/movies package.

Keep at sky, and if necessary force them to go back and listen to their recordings of your original sign up call.

If a dd is set up when you book sky, you first payment is normally 14 days after you install date to cover your first month then you r next payment is 14 days later for your advance payment for your second month. They send a letter to confirm your payments. Only if the dates they applied for the payment are earlier than stated on the letter will they do anything about the bank charge.

You also need to give 1 months notice to take of any channels, when you sent the email did you get a response clarifying the change had been made?

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)