Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3719 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I notice the tests will be against 'Industry Standards', so of course no necessity for any familiarity with the law or OFT guidelines.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Since when has any DCA - or the CSA for that matter- worried about legislation or regulation? They all know they can do what they want and nothing will happen. In the US they were trying for years to put Al Capone away for the same thing :-)

I am a lawyer, but I am an academic lawyer. I do not practice as a barrister or solicitor. You should consult a practising Solicitor BEFORE taking any Court or other action

If they want to get 100% for their knowledge then it might be better to 'test' many Caggers - they know more individually than all of their 'collectors' put together!

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

A working party headed up by Bennedetta Peto, human resource director at debt purchaser Cabot Financial, will determine how such standards will be achieved and how they can be best defined.

oh dear

the bar is being set pretty low it seems

More pish and wind from the CSA, who are clearly very worried indeed about the forthcoming new OFT Guidance and the probability of stronger regulation of their sordid industry.

The idea of industry standard accreditation is a good one, but that's why we have consumer credit licences. It'll take more than accreditation to stamp out the bad practices that riddle the industry. If I saw the CSA suggesting an end to commission-based pay for phone drones, for example, I'd think they were genuinely keen to make real change.

So they are going to create a Diploma which will be as authentic as a Bermudian Driving License or a Degree which can be bought off the internet. :rolleyes:

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Guest HeftyHippo

you've got to laugh

"A working party headed up by Bennedetta Peto, human resource director at debt purchaser Cabot Financial, will determine how such standards will be achieved and how they can be best defined."

also, I think someone high up at the CSA is the Secretary of Wescot Ms de Tute

Cabot? WTF!!! ROFLMFAO!!!

Cabot don't even know what the CCA 1974 is FFS!

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)