False allegations of harrassment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4196 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I have a bit of a situation going on that i really do need help with.

About a year ago a lady brought her kids to a sports club that I am a member of. We became friends until she tried to get me to take sides in a petty argument she was having with another member of the club.

Since then there has been many times she has tried to cause trouble for me. She has tried to break up a close knit of friends on a couple of occasions, luckily we can all see what she is trying to do and we are all still very close.

Then came the personal attacks, she made an allegation of me bullying one of her children at the club, this went through the proper complaints procedures through the committee, I was found to be not guilty. She then accused me of swearing at her 8 year old child again at the club. This also went through the proper procedures and again I was found to be not guilty.

Then came the bombshell. A few days ago I was told by my club coach that she had been in touch with the police regarding harassment. The police contacted my coach as she had given them his details. My coach told the police she was wasting their time and she is a bit of a fantasist, due to the previous complaints which were not true. Luckily the police have decided to drop the case (I was not contacted at all by the police)

She has now been told not to come back to the club, but she has taken her kids to another one in the next town across so I will still have contact with her a few times a year at tournaments/gradings etc…

I am a member of the clubs committee and I am afraid all of the false allegations will have a negative effect against my name and might be voted out at the next AGM. I am at my wits end now, how can I get her to stop making false allegations, spreading rumours against me and generally making my life hell.

Many thanks for reading, and thank you in advance for any advise you maybe able to give me.

• 2 weeks later...