Jump to content

child benefit bank details change


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4218 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts


cut a long story short.

Daughter has child with boyfriend.

boyfriend registers birth in his name (so now child has his last name)

(gonna be hard when child goes to school "why isn't your name the same as your mum")


registers child benefit in his name.


partnership breaks down.


daughter has child

boyfreind has childbenefit in his name.


boyfriend spends child benefit.


daughter wants to get child benefit paid into her bank account.


benefits ppl say they need the fathers permission to do this.........


anybody have a way to make this happen, because the father is a control freak and won't give up with out a fight. he's using this money to buy stuff instead of providing for the child from his own pocket.


as an example the other day mother asks father for some milk and nappies.

father states he does not have any money to do so....


mother goes shopping for food etc for baby .. comes to pay .... no money in account.

father drawn out and used to buy nappies ... " there you are that's what it's for isn't it"!


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might be a good idea to urgently go to either cab or welfare rights as welfare rights can ring them on her behalf with her permission. I would have thought that as long as mum can prove the kids are in her care full time that child benefit have a responsibility to at least freeze the account till can process the money to her, especially as you explain he is spending it and she needs it.


Nag them politely and if possible record the calls showing your effort to sort it and what they say incase you can claim any of the money back later. I could understand if dad had care of them at least for half of the week that they would need to lias with dad also, but he shockingly is taking advantage.


I am sure those more in the know will post later but doesnt harm to get onto cab or welfare rights asap xx


If hes not helping her has she also considered the csa, now the rules have changed if on benefits she is allowed to keep the whole ammount awarded on top of any benefits she may be getting. That would make him realise he has to help her if he wont even give her the child allowance. If he is on the birth certificate they will have a good chance of getting some money and even if not in employment she would get 5.00 a week out of his benefits. If in employment he would have to pay i believe 15% of his wages for one child and 20% for two children etc.... She wouldnt have to beg him for milk then due to him being so selfish and he might learn to grow up.xx


I remember begging my ex to give me money for a pack of nappies whilst he swanned off with a new partner and left us at home with no money, I had to go up the city centre, visit a nice new mother and baby toilet room that gave free nappies and discretely take enough for one day for fear of a beating when I insisted he stop spending it on dating another yet we starved. I had to buy the baby food from the local one jar at a time, I was so desperate I did it at the same time of day like a routine and eventually they stopped putting more than one out at a time, I felt terrible doing it but was desperate, its not nice struggling for such essentials, I hope she gets the advice she needs. With the help of social service I learnt he was a violent dead beat and learnt there was help out there.


Things are better now, hope soon for your daughter xx

Edited by loopinlouie
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

is she on any benfits, if shes claiming for her and the kids this should provide some proof as to her circumstaces and show that the CB is going to the wrong person. her adviser at the DWP may be ale to help.

I was told life was supposed to be one long learning curve.

Mines more a series of hairpin bends.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't have any of this when I switched the child benefit over for my stepson, it's bizarre!


I would certainly go to the CSA as a starting point since they can start the ball rolling there.


I would say if he's not paying maintenance over the value of the child benefit he's not actually entitled to it.


I wonder if you could make a second claim ...... it would make them look wouldn't it?


HM Revenue & Customs: Child Benefit if your child lives with someone else


Here you go..... you can claim for the same child twice and they will make the decision for you :) Looks like it would go your way....


HM Revenue & Customs: More than one claim for Child Benefit for the same child

Edited by Rachie1973
Found more info
Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...