• Tweets

• Hello and welcome to CAG. People should be along to advise over the course of the day.   Which retailer are we talking about please?   By the way, something seems to have gone wrong with the spacing in your post above so I've popped in some paragraphs.   Best, HB
    • I'm after some advice before I fill in and return the section 172 "request for driver name and address".  I am the registered keeper of the vehicle stated .   The alleged offence (Exceeding variable Motorway speed limit 68mph in a 60mph zone) was committed on 29/07/2020, the NIP is dated 31/07/2020.  On Wednesday the 29th July 2020 a friend and I were driving for a much needed break from South Wales to spend a few days in Yorkshire, we shared the driving for the 4.5 hour journey at just over an hour at a time each.    My problem is this, 1.I have no idea of the location or recollection of the place to which the police refer (M1 Northbound Duckmanton Derbyshire?)  and 2. I cannot say with any accuracy which of us were the driver at that particular time.  I have a clean driving licence and am usually very speed aware using the cruise control at most times.   an offence for a mere 8mph on a motorway with everything that is going on at the moment seems extremely harsh IMO.     I would much appreciate if anyone could offer help / advice at what I should do next? Many thanks  🙁
    • Hello just asking,? I purchased a discount new cooker as it had cosmetic damage, paid £250 After a few days I noticed the fan never went off, I contacted the company and they finally collected the cooker and took it away, ( for 7 days) And fixed it,   It never seamt right? It steamed up in the clock panel and the oven door was mis-lined It had multiple dints in the sides Top panel missing on the door to stop food dropping in, Shelving didn’t fit well Then main fan started to rattle and tap   I put up with all this as it was *discounted Then one day whilst cooking we could smell a funny smell Turns out the wires had melted on the back of cooker I contacted the company again and it took a lot of phone calls to try and get the problem dealt with, speaking to several different staff....I wanted a refund or replacement I had had the cooker 6 months just! I asked for a refund or replacement    I contacted trading standards and citizens advice and they advised me what steps to take! Finally the company offered to replace the cooker, then later changed! As they explained that nothing came in to replace it they were too damaged! ( been told they buy at auction damaged) They wanted to look at the cooker and inspect the damage themselves, so I agreed they collected the cooker, No update, or communication I had to constantly chase them up Nothing was sorted out with 7 days we had no cooker, I threatened Trading standards were now involved Last thing on a Friday in June they rang to say I can collect the cooker it’s fixed!!!! I had expressed all along I didn’t feel safe using this cooker anymore with my family I didn’t want this cooker fixing again ( by whom) They started to blame me and said I should be grateful they aren’t charging me for the repair!   Still today in August this is not resolved  Trading standards have been useless  Citizens advice have told me to take them to small claims court!???? I have had to purchase another cooker  As I’ve been left without one.   I am in a vulnerable situation in life, Im a carer for my husband and have children and have no one to help me sort this mess out! I am struggling with making the county court claim ? What shall I do?   ( sorry for long message) ✨
    • The committee's report is pretty damning, isn't it? The Home Office refused to supply the scientific evidence it said its decisions were based on and you can possibly see Demonic's hand in this - he has form for ignoring select committees.
    • and that facts start to come out 'Inexplicable' failure to quarantine travellers to the UK made pandemic 'far worse', say MPs UK ‘almost unique’ in rejecting border checks in crucial March period – without scientific basis – as hundreds of infected passengers arrived every day   https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/coronavirus-uk-quarantine-travel-cases-deaths-covid-a9653451.html   "Strikingly, it says the Home Office refused to set out any scientific advice to explain the “grave error”, despite repeatedly promising to do so – a stance attacked as “completely unacceptable”."   So even aside from not testing in any way people who returned: "Yvette Cooper, the committee’s chair, said the critical mistake was the decision on 13 March – 10 days before lockdown – “to remove all self-isolation guidance for travellers arriving in the UK”."   "The MPs also pour scorn on the Home Office’s argument that 99.9 per cent of arrivals are obeying requirements to quarantine for two weeks, finally introduced in June. They describe the claim, made by home secretary Priti Patel as “unreliable”, because it appeared to be based only a limited number of compliance checks made and three fines issued."       So not only did Johnsons cronies NOT make any efforts whatsoever to test people returning, and NOT properly check people were self isolating, they actually stopped telling returnees to self isolate for 10 days before the country was locked down as the number of epidemic infections exploded.   Wonder why?   "The committee’s inquiry heard that, in the crucial 10 days between scrapping isolation guidance and the lockdown, up to 10,000 infected people arrived."  
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 8 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
Schmidlin

Private & Commercial & GODebt Recovery threatening bankruptancy

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3649 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I currently have Go Debt recovery threatening me with Statutory Bankruptancy for a car finance agreement I had with Private and Commercial. I had the agreement and gave the car back, for resons i will post personally if required, I could not pay for a few months and then they told me they have sold the debt, I couldnt get an answer out of P&C of who they sold the debt to, then a year and a bit later, I get a letter through from Go Debt Recovery threatening me with Bankruptancy. I have cca'd the debt and they have sent me my signed credit agreement back and i have noe received a letter stating they will be issuing me with this demand on Tues (13/07/2010) I am now worried as I think they have proved the debt and will make me bankrupt. Stupidly, I offered to pay them in installments, but they flatly refused and then sent through thi letter a few days ago saying the will issue this demand whether I am at home or not.

Does anyone know what I can do about this at this late stage and what will happen next? I have no assets nor own my own home nor a car, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Barclaycard-Reclaimed all charges-A/c Closed

Burtons-Reclaimed all charges-A/c Closed

Citifinancial-Default removed-A/c Closed

Halifax-Reclaimed all charges-A/c Closed

Capital One-Finally, Default removed-A/c Closed!!!

:roll:

Your final paragraph is your answer, these are nothing but threats to hopefully (for them) frighten you in to stumping up a large sum of money.

What they may send is a Statutory Demand, which is usually sent as a frightener as the first step towards making a Bankrupty Petition.

With help from others more accomplished in these matters than I, that can be dealt with.

Not too knowledgeable myself with regard to car finance, but I am sure others will be along shortly.

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

Can you post up the agreement removing personal details

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

Hi thanks for your prompt replies, I will scan the document tomorrow night and will upload then, hopefully it will be legible. What shall I do if I receive the stat demand on Tuesday?

Stop worrying you have 18 days to have it set aside. Go debt agreements aren't the best by a long way.

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

Check this out, may be of use regarding GoDebt.

Edited by IdaInFife
commercial link removed

Godebt

Makes A Change From Yes Car But Still Using The Sd

Wonder If This Agreement Will Be The Usual Lemon

Hi, I've attached my credit agreement that Go Debt sent to me and also the Statutory demand they have sent me today (dated 01/07/2010!)

If someone can have a look at this and let me know where i stand, i'm getting really worried about having to pay the money and lose things that have taken me a while to get.

All your help is greatly appreciated.

Finance Agreement img001 - A.pdf

Finance Agreement img002 - A.pdf

Finance Agreement img003.pdf

Statutory Demand img010 - A.pdf

Statutory Demand img011 - A.pdf

The only bit of advice I can give you is to reclaim the acceptance fee back.

However, Postggi is on the case and he is very well versed in these agreements, your in good hands there.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

usual godebt crap

how was the sd served

was it in person or by 1st or 2nd class post

was an affidavit on service enclosed

no probs in dealing with this one

Hi, there was no affidavit on service enclosed and the sd was delivered in person posted through the letterbox, not handed to anyone

phone the court listed on the sd and ask them if they deal with bankrupcy

is this court your local one or not

It is as far as I am aware, someone has told me it's not there anymore, so I will need to check, I'll find out tomorrow and post the answer

well if the court is no longer there or does not deal in bankrupcy

you have won allready

Hi, I have checked the courts website and yes they are still there and they do deal with Bankruptancy, what do I do now?

i need you to phone godebt and ask to speak to this alyn thomas

do not give your details to the telephone muppett who answers the phone

just demand to speak to a mr thomas ref a stat demand

if they dont comply

hang up with immediate effect

f you do speak to him, ask him if he will send

1 /full statement of account

2/default notice

3/ termination notice

4/ notice of assignment

do it now and tell me if you got to speak to him

DO NOT GIVE ANY PERSONAL DETAILS LIKE NAME ETC TO THE TELEPHONE OPERATOR

I won't be able to do this until tomorrow now as I am at work, sneakily using mobile phone now, but will do first thing, I have had sent through a statement of account and a default notice with the previous letters and will get mrs to upload tonight, but no notice of assignment or termination notice

Hi, eventually got round to doing what I needed, attached is the Default notice and statement of account, I rang Go Debt and although I didnt get to speak to Alyn Thomas at the time, he has since rang me back and left a message asking me to ring him back.

Notice of Default - A.pdf

Statement of Account 1 - A.pdf

Statement of Account 2.pdf

Bump?

Postggj, have you any other info for me? the 18 days is up soon and ive not got anything done? Can you please help?

Hi,

Anyone? Can you help or do I just have to deal with it myself from now on? I have no idea what to do from now and so i think im just going to be made bankrupt?

If you need urgent help you should hit the Triangle with the excalamtion mark in it, then the site team will be able to assist.

However, had a quick look and the DN is defective, as IMO it does not allow you enough time (14 clear Days) in which to rectify the account.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

What should i do about this now then? cos it has now gone past the 18 days to have it set aside and i havent got a clue what will happen next?

Also, When i hit the traingle with the exclamation mark, it says i have to right a message, all i have written is "can someone help with this asap please?"

Do i need to write anything else?

Add a link to your thread so they can view your problem, how far past the 18 days has it gone?

http://www.insolvencyhelpline.co.uk/debt_factsheets/how_to_set_aside_a_judgment_in_the_county_court.php

DId you take an affidavit to the court to have the SD set aside ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi, No i havent taken an affidavit to the courts as i didnt know what to do, thats why im talking to you helpful people, its the only way i can do anything!

Ive had a look at the above website and it only shows me what i can do, but im not sure in what position im in so im not sure what to do next.

If you can help me out with this, it would be much appreciated, as being made bankrupt will cause me more problems than just money and bills, i will get hassle from my boss due to payments being taken at source etc.