Defaults Removed Successfully from Credit Reports

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5019 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Some of you will be aware that from my "Invalid Default Report" Thread which grew humoungus :lol: that I have been trying to have defaults removed from my credit reports. I am very pleased to tell you they have been removed. It took me 14 months and one H of a fight but my credit reports are now clear of defaults. In the end it didn't come down to lawfulness - that would have been a court job - but to accuracy. Basically the statements they sent me were crap as a result of poor record keeping. When I sent these to the CRAs they could no longer argue "we are only following orders." An unlawful search has also been removed. I had already had a search removed and the ICO's ruling on that was that the reason for searching records diminished after an account had been in dispute for 2 years, so to get the second search removed was in the end just a case of quoting the decision the ICO had made on the first removal.

I can now tell you that the defaults were 2 by the Co-operative Bank and 1 by your friends and mine - CrapOne. The unlawful search was Cabot, a malicious search because I wouldn't pay them. All that is left for me to do is raise court proceedings for damages a la Durkin.

When I came on here in April 2007, I was £48000 in debt and had 14 accounts on my credit records, 7 of which were in default. My debts were eventually written off and 4 of the defaults fell off with time - the others have now been removed. I have clean credit reports and I don't owe anyone a penny - thanks to CAG. It was Priority One who got me started and she will forever be my heroine. Thank you CAG, from the bottom of my heart, and now I am trying to give back what was given to me. I will also be making a donation from my court cases.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mrs Hobbit

Well done Pinky.,It's a fight to the end, but you have found as I experienced, you keep picking a way and eventually it unravels.

:D

Its been a long time since I have been on CAG regularly (I only have time to pop by occasionally at the moment) but I can remember your fight begining Pink

Well done you, an incredible effort justly rewarded

I hope you get a nice ton of cash out of them for damages

Cheers!

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

Well done Pinky, all credit to you with your patience and commitment, you have gone a long long way to paying back that help and long may it continue.

There are countless people on here saying the same about you I'm sure.

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

It's true, Mrs H. And do you know the funny thing? I don't need credit!:lol: I did it for the principle of the thing - they shouldn't have been there - and I also wanted to kick ass! They are quick enough to damage other people, right or wrong, and the CRAs play along with them. Now it is their turn to know what it feels like. :D

Superb stuff, Pinky, I'm looking for a guarantor ;)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Many conratulations - and hello to the 6 guests at 8.20ish pm on a Sunday evening, haven't you got anything better to do!

I am completely ignoring my credit report as it will be clear of junk in a couple of months anyway, and I don't need credit,

Sooner or later the powers that be will find out that the CRAs are toothless and do whatever the DCAs tell them, they don't act impartially and they don't report facts.

What I would like to see is that each creditor MUST produce a 3 monthly report stathing the following

1 No of defaults filed against customers

2 No fo accounts passed to third parties

3 No of defaults removed from customers reports

That way we could objectively decide to use their services...

Oh and some of the 'guests' will probably be the search engine bots as I'm guessing they will be logged as such on the forum.

And, with over 70,000 backlinks to the site and with it being constantly updated, I'd guess that googlebot 'lives' on the forums (thus always showing up on every thread as a 'guest').

Well done Pinky and congratulations!

You and others have given some very helpful advice here and I must say it's thanks to people like you that my own situation is starting to look alot better.

There's a light at the end of the tunnel now - and it's not an oncoming train for once! :D