• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

PPI Letter confusion

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5019 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can someone please help with the details. here is the letter found on this site. I am trying to fill this in as best I can one of my claims need to be in before the end of July as this will max out the 6 year period, so the sooner I can get this right the better

Im no finacial wizard when it comes to calculating APR compound int and the rest.

I have filled out as much as I could if someone could double check for me and perhaps assist in the final refund plus inetrest

Thanks In Advance

My details are as follows

Period of loan = 60 Months from may 2006 so I am still busy paying this off

amount paid to borrower = 2374.49

refinance existing loan = 5625.51

Insurance = 1677.14

arrangement fee 115

total Credit £9792.14

total + Int = 14,740.20

Int = 19.5% apr

another interest rate of 17.44 per annum

monthly int = unknown at this moment

(contenets of Letter)

I believe I have been mis-sold a payment protection insurance policy and would like to request a full refund of my premiums, plus interest paid.

I took out a £2374.49 loan refinancing an existing loan of £5625.51 at your branch on 17 May 2006 and also bought a payment protection policy which has cost me an extra £1677.14 over the life of the loan.

The total amount of my premiums plus interest is £ 2524.67.

When I took out the loan, I was told that my application would be refused if I did not also buy a PPI policy.

The Financial Services Authority’s advice to consumers is that, while it does not breach FSA guidelines, a borrower should not be refused a loan if they choose not to buy an insurance policy.

In forcing me to buy this policy, you have also breached paragraph 8.6 of the Banking Code, to which you are a signatory.

I do not believe being forced to buy this policy as part of the loan was a fair and reasonable obligation as I did not need this insurance and said at the time of taking the loan that I did not want it.

I am requesting a full refund of all my insurance payments, plus interest, which total [£ xxx].

If I do not receive a favourable response from you I will pursue this claim through the Financial Ombudsman.

Yours faithfully,

6 years from when you found out you were mis sold. I am caliming from 2001

HSBC - Pre Lim sent 12-12-06, LBA sent 27-12-06, reissued 5-1-07. Part offer rejected 17-1-07, MCOL 19-1-07, AQ - 21-2-07. Settled

Nationwide - S.A.R. sent 13-12-06, Pre lim sent 5-1-07, LBA sent 19-1-07, MCOL 2-2-07, WON 22-2-07.

Capital One - S.A.R. sent 13-12-06, Pre lim sent 17-1-07, LBA sent. Settled

MBNA - S.A.R. sent 13-12-06, Offer rejected 19-1-07, Pre Lim 19-1-07, LBA sent, Setteled 21-2-07.

MBNA Loan PPI - Pre lim sent 19-2-10, Settled.

MBNA CC PPI - Pre lim sent 19-2-10, WON 2-7-10.

HSBC PPI - Pre lim sent 19-2-10, with Court

EGG PPI - Pre lim sent 19-2-10, FOS upheld 3-7-10

This claim is for Citi Finance and the old one (about to expire is Welcome Finance

i found out today about the Welcome PPI dating back to 27/07/2004 whilst looking for the current laon details.

just for clarity..........

there is NO 6YRS LIMIT ON PPI

as said

the clock starts ticking from when YOU realise you've been fleeced.

i do not know of one case where a PPI claim has not been met because the OC has sucessfully used the 6yrs rule ............

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Indeed the 6 yrs does not start ticking until the point you realise the financial mistake.

Tell me did you wrongly think the above because of the £ull%hite advertised on TV.

If you did do not believe any of it those CMC's are just out to get hold of your money.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

when I was claiming unfair bank charges there was a lot of mention that you can only claim as far back as 6 years, I assumed this also applied to PPI, I don't believe everything on TV

well the 6yr rule for bank charges is also coblers you can go back as far as you have proof for i have claimed these back to 1996 because i had all the statements

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to add to the comments above.

Only yesterday I received confirmation from Abbey National that my complaint for mis sold PPI dating from 1997 was being upheld.

The 6 year limit comes into force when you became aware of the mistake. Not necessarily when the PPI policy was sold.

FMC

Abbey National SAR sent 15/03/2010

RBS SAR sent 15/03/2010

Cahoot SAR sent 22/03/2010

Northern Rock SAR sent 22/03/2010

EGG SAR sent 22/03/2010

Morgan Stanley SAR sent 22/03/2010

MBNA SAR sent 22/03/2010

why cant people read the full thread before posting the same question again?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

To add further you have to remember that banks and other financial organisations are not white as snow

They will use all sorts of tactics to try and make you believe different its all a case of damage limitation on their part.

And the reasons all claims management companies will tell you 6 yrs is because it is too costly to go back further and the success rate in their minds is not so good

They are not carrying out this work out of the good of there hearts they too are there to maximise profits.

The statute of limitations is very clear in that TIME DOES NOT START UNTIL YOU HAVE DISCOVERED THE FINANCIAL WRONG.

Further more if you have evidence or can get evidence to prove that wrong no matter how far it goes back that is a good case you can deal with yourself.

PF

• Haha 1

You are welcome and good luck

PF