NCP - £50 fine!?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4898 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone,

I'm a complete newbie to this Site and would appreciate some advice.

I returned to my car yesterday evening after paying £15 for for leaving it in a multi-storey NCP for roughly 5 hours.

Instead of parking in the normal bays, I parked by the outside wall in between 2 pillars which are technically marked for 2 cars, but too be honest you can just about fit 1 car in!

I've been doing this for a number of years in the same NCP with no problem, but yesterday I had a notice on my windscreen stating Violation 6 - "Not parked correctly within the markings of the bay space".

The fine is for £50 if I pay within 14 days, or £100 thereafter.

I can appeal this with National Car Parks Ltd but I'm not sure how I can dispute this?

Any help is much appreciated :razz:

Is this car-park council owned and run by NCP , or one owned and operated by NCP on its own account? If the latter (which I suspect, because of the appeal not mentioning the council) then you can safely ignore their demands as you don't owe them a penny.

From looking at the charge notice it doesn't mention the Council at all and everything is marked NCP and only mentions the National Car Park Ltd.

If I do nothing and then receive a further letter, should I still do nothing?

I was going to respond and mention that at the point I took the ticket from the machine when entering the Car Park, their Terms & Conditions were not visable.

I was also going to mention that even if I was parked in 2 parking bays, then surely I am only liable for an additional £15 being the amount I paid for the time parked, rather than £50 !!

The operator of this Carp Park is definitely NCP!

I assume it makes no difference that the fine itself was stuck on my windscreen and not posted to me?

If so I will take your expert advice and ignore it ;)

The operator of this Carp Park is definitely NCP!

I assume it makes no difference that the fine itself was stuck on my windscreen and not posted to me?

If so I will take your expert advice and ignore it ;)

And, of course, it's not a "fine", it's an unenforceable invoice.

• 1 month later...

After ignoring the fine on my windscreen I have now received a further letter from "NCP" stating that I now need to pay £100 within the next 28 days otherwise NCP may instruct a debt collecting agency to collect the sum due!

Shall I simply ignore this again or shall I log onto the NCP website and state that I do not know who was driving the car on that day?

Any advice much appreciated :confused:

I wonder if Mr Sobell (aka "Graham White") is actually retiring? Pepipoo is reporting that he has left his job at Harringay Council. He must be over seventy, having qualified as a solicitor in the early 1960's

• 1 month later...

After ignoring all of the NCP letters I have now received a letter from "I.C.C. Legal Services (UK) Ltd".

The letter is headed, "Notice of Legal Proceedings" and states that if I don't pay the balance within the next 7 days this will result in "the immediate issue of legal proceedings" !

I assume this and future letters from "ICC" can be ignored?

Cheers all :madgrin:

The letter is headed, "Notice of Legal Proceedings" and states that if I don't pay the balance within the next 7 days this will result in "the immediate issue of legal proceedings" !

I wonder what they have in mind?

"Your honour, the defendant won't give us £50"

"Why should they?"

"Erm... we sent them a letter telling them they have to"

"Case dismissed".

• 2 months later...
Hi Gaity,

I am having the same problem with NCP and just received by letter from ICC. Please can you comment what was the result of you ignoring these letters.

Did everything just go away?

Hello mate,

After a few letters from the NCP and one from a Debt Collector nothing happened!

I never replied to any letters.

Cheers.