• Tweets

• Hello, Can someone advise if the attached is a valid charge please?  I had parked in the car park and paid but then got delayed and have ended up with a ticket for parking longer than I should have done.   I know they will refuse the appeal but is this charge enforceable?   Charge Notice.pdf
    • The dealer is called Carwise in Epping. It's not the most established of premises. When i was there i'd say there was about 10-15 cars inside and an office. I've seen these reviews of them which seem to replicate my experience. https://www.cardealerreviews.co.uk/dealership/hr-autos-epping-essex-england (note previous name). It's quite worrying.    
    • To me, it isn't just about social distancing and hygiene measures. I'm far from the first to say it but until there's a reliable track and trace system, I don't think this can be managed properly.   Children may not suffer as much as adults, although some do, they can be asymptomatic and pass on the virus to the rest of the family.   https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/lockdown-david-king-second-wave-18739973
    • When will most schools actually re-open in September ?   And when they open, will they be providing teaching over the number hours 9am to 3pm  ?   I am thinking of the school I attended, which was a large Victorian building, with many modern extensions.  The classrooms which could accommodate about 35 Children elbow to elbow, will only be able to accommodate 20 at the most with any reasonable distancing.   Or does the whole class  of say 35 stay in a bubble and the teachers move around to teach the different subjects ?    I can see many schools opening later in September, not for all pupils for all days and not doing the full hours.   This is going to be very difficult to manage for all those concerned, including parents looking to return to work.     
    • Hi.   If you do a search of our forums you will find other people who've had trouble with Marquis. Sadly people don't always update their threads with the final result.   Scroll up this page to the red strip at the top, and type Marquis into the white search box on the right.   HB
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
Gaity

NCP - £50 fine!?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3544 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello everyone,

I'm a complete newbie to this Site and would appreciate some advice.

I returned to my car yesterday evening after paying £15 for for leaving it in a multi-storey NCP for roughly 5 hours.

Instead of parking in the normal bays, I parked by the outside wall in between 2 pillars which are technically marked for 2 cars, but too be honest you can just about fit 1 car in!

I've been doing this for a number of years in the same NCP with no problem, but yesterday I had a notice on my windscreen stating Violation 6 - "Not parked correctly within the markings of the bay space".

The fine is for £50 if I pay within 14 days, or £100 thereafter.

I can appeal this with National Car Parks Ltd but I'm not sure how I can dispute this?

Any help is much appreciated :razz:

Is this car-park council owned and run by NCP , or one owned and operated by NCP on its own account? If the latter (which I suspect, because of the appeal not mentioning the council) then you can safely ignore their demands as you don't owe them a penny.

From looking at the charge notice it doesn't mention the Council at all and everything is marked NCP and only mentions the National Car Park Ltd.

If I do nothing and then receive a further letter, should I still do nothing?

I was going to respond and mention that at the point I took the ticket from the machine when entering the Car Park, their Terms & Conditions were not visable.

I was also going to mention that even if I was parked in 2 parking bays, then surely I am only liable for an additional £15 being the amount I paid for the time parked, rather than £50 !!

its a mail [problem] so why on earth do you want to take part by writing to them ? file and ignore. NCP don't do court.

The operator of this Carp Park is definitely NCP!

I assume it makes no difference that the fine itself was stuck on my windscreen and not posted to me?

If so I will take your expert advice and ignore it ;)

The operator of this Carp Park is definitely NCP!

I assume it makes no difference that the fine itself was stuck on my windscreen and not posted to me?

If so I will take your expert advice and ignore it ;)

And, of course, it's not a "fine", it's an unenforceable invoice.

Thanks everyone for your quick response - I shall ignore this "invoice" accordingly :D

After ignoring the fine on my windscreen I have now received a further letter from "NCP" stating that I now need to pay £100 within the next 28 days otherwise NCP may instruct a debt collecting agency to collect the sum due!

Shall I simply ignore this again or shall I log onto the NCP website and state that I do not know who was driving the car on that day?

Any advice much appreciated :confused:

Yes, just keep ignoring. Note the word "may". That actually means "we won't"

Carry on ignoring. You have your Roxburghe and Graham White letters to look forward to yet!

Thanks all, I'll look forward to more letters !!

Have a look at this NCP letter chain which shows you the letters you may receive

Rumours of them using another bunch of clowns now. Might have to update that soon!

I wonder if Mr Sobell (aka "Graham White") is actually retiring? Pepipoo is reporting that he has left his job at Harringay Council. He must be over seventy, having qualified as a solicitor in the early 1960's

After ignoring all of the NCP letters I have now received a letter from "I.C.C. Legal Services (UK) Ltd".

The letter is headed, "Notice of Legal Proceedings" and states that if I don't pay the balance within the next 7 days this will result in "the immediate issue of legal proceedings" !

I assume this and future letters from "ICC" can be ignored?

Cheers all :madgrin:

Yes!

The letter is headed, "Notice of Legal Proceedings" and states that if I don't pay the balance within the next 7 days this will result in "the immediate issue of legal proceedings" !

I wonder what they have in mind?

"Your honour, the defendant won't give us £50"

"Why should they?"

"Erm... we sent them a letter telling them they have to"

"Case dismissed".

Thanks as usual. I thought this might be your advice :madgrin:

Hi Gaity,

I am having the same problem with NCP and just received by letter from ICC. Please can you comment what was the result of you ignoring these letters.

Did everything just go away?

Yes. NCP have never never done court and never will. The bad publicity would ruin their little scheme.

Hi Gaity,

I am having the same problem with NCP and just received by letter from ICC. Please can you comment what was the result of you ignoring these letters.

Did everything just go away?

Hello mate,

After a few letters from the NCP and one from a Debt Collector nothing happened!

I never replied to any letters.

Cheers.