Advice regarding a bike

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5009 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a motorbike 2 days ago and it was advertised as having 3000 miles on the clock.

When i went to buy the bike the speedo did infact say 3000 miles.

I bought the bike and and fiddled about with the controls and there is a mode switch that selects different displays on the digital dash, and it seems that the 3000 miles was actually a trip meter for the next service interval.

When the mode switch is selected for mileage it displays 4300 miles. So the actual mileage is 4300 and not 3000.

I think whats happened is that the dealer who i bought it from has just looked at the dash and thought this was the mileage.

Im not mad but it is 1300 miles of a difference.

Any advice would be great. Thanx

It does sound like a legit mistake, have you rang the previous owner and told him about it?

TBH for 1300 extra miles on the clock, I would be happy to receive either a discount on the actual asking price, or somethin else in return for the mistake, possibly if he were to pay for the next service?

I don't know, a couple of hundred quid back maybe?

A crate of beer, some new gloves......a go on his wife??:D

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Brilliant reply.......... at the end :)

Yeah i dont think the guy was out to do me as it is mostly cars he sells and the bike was a trade in, so i take it he knows more about cars than bikes.

Im going to drive over on my day off and see what he says.

cheers

Yep show him and see if he will give you a free oil change. You can't really expect much, if anything, as it not extortionate and I doubt if it would have stopped you purchasing it if you had known.