Natwest - acknowlegement that debt is unenforceable

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4964 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am very confused by a dispute I am having with Natwest. I have a loan with them and they have written to me saying that they cannot find the agreement and they don't even have enough information to reconstruct the agreement. Despite that, they have given my loan to Capquest. I wrote to Capquest enclosing a copy of the letter from Natwest, but they are still writing to me and threatening me with court action. I have just written to them again basically saying leave me alone.

They are wasting their time aren't they? Or do they know something I don't? I really don't understand what is going on.

I have a lot to lose if they were able to take me to court.

My solicitors are not much help - they took months to write to Natwest so I think I'm better off doing it myself.

I really don't know what to do. Any help gratefully received!

They are wasting their time aren't they?
They certainly are.
Or do they know something I don't? I really don't understand what is going on.
All they are doing is using bully tactics, legally all they can do is ask you nicely to pay, but by threatening court action they are in breach of OFT guidelines so make a complaint to Trading Standards via Consumer Direct Consumer Direct - Contact us

Yep, fools, shot em selves in the foot from the word go, if they have admitted they haven't got the Original agreement and don't even have enough info to fabricate a reconstitued agreement, then there is absolutely zero they can do to recover the money.

They sure as hell will not be able to take you anywhere near a court without that information, so worry not.

Make copies of their admission, kick your Sol into touch, there is nothing he can do that you can't with the help of CAG..

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 1 month later...

I've just had another letter from Capquest. I know they got my previous letter but they don't acknowledge any of the points I made in my letter i.e. they are wasting their time. Their letter is called "Letter of Claim" and is headed "Letter of Claim under the Practice Direction - Pre Action Conduct". Should I be worried? I'm not sure that means anything unless it's sent by a solicitor?

I may try and phone them again and try and make them see sense.

I will also speak to Trading Standards - officially as far as Capquest are concerned (they have my parents address and I don't want them to have my English address) I live in Scotland so do I report then to Trading Standards in Scotland or in England given they are based in England??

Thanks again for any help - my solicitors are way too slow so I've given up with them.

They are clutching at straws in the hope that if they use legal speak it will intimidate you into making payment, as said earlier they do not have a leg to stand on. If they were stupid enough to instigate an action they would have to produce evidence in the form of an enforceable credit agreement, the bank have already admitted that it does not exist so game over for them. If you wish you could annoy them even more and send a CPR request now they have threatened court action by using the term "Letter of Claim under the Practice Direction - Pre Action Conduct".

I'm not sure I can ignore them completely - can anyone answer my questions about Trading Standards and whether their letter's heading actually mean anything if not written by a solicitor?

Thanks!

Letter tennis becomes expensive and after a while irritating and boring, like little children they just want to have the last word, they have sent you a letter which means nothing, states nothing, and re-inforces that they can do nothing.

Ignore them, and make those complaints.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 3 weeks later...