worried my boss will find out about CCJ

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4215 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I am a new user to this forum and am looking for advice about CCJs. I have ended up with a CCJ and the person I owe the money too is threatening to tell my bosses who is really straightlaced, he also says he knows who I bank with and will write to them too about me so I am worried they will call in a loan. I work as a cashier and I reckon I could get the sack if he found out. Can this person do this? Surely its nothing to do with my work? Can I threaten this person with breaking my confidentiality?

Thanks

A

Hello and Welcome,

I'll move this thread to a more appropriate Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi andrewsmith89

This guy is blackmailing you, which is wrong. It's spiteful. Is there any way you can fight the CCJ? I would get in there before this guy does. Tell your boss

what the situation is, you don't know you might get a sympathetic response. With regards to the bank, as long as your paying them back, I

can't see a problem.

How about telling this guy straight he is blackmailing you and you are going to the police.

You may owe him,but this does not allow demanding money with menaces.

Edited by Brigadier 1JCS
Just a thought.

If your going to the police make sure you've got some serious evidence, if you haven't got any get some. Maybe tape what he says to you with your mobile.

How about telling this guy straight he is blackmailing you and you are going to the police.

You may owe him,but this does not allow demanding money with menaces.

If they do it will be a serious breach of the Data Protection Act and you may be able to claim some serious compensation if it does affect your job. Also an offence under the Harrassment Act.

Thanks for all the advice. It sounds like I'm in the clear then with my job. I looked up the Data Protection Act on Wiki and I can see this guy can't reveal the information about me, I will tell this guy though as I don't want to lose my job even if I won a court case as a result. However I believe someone holds details of all CCJs issued, could he not just tell my boss to have a look at the website and he has got round this law? Although i am not sure my boss would know how to do that if it involves the internet

The registry trust operates the Registry of Judgments, Orders and Fines. This information is public information, and as such can be searched by anyone.

Information held contains:

County Court Judgments, Administration Orders and Child Support Agency Liability Orders.

High Court Judgments.

Magistrates Courts Fines defaults.

Tribunal Awards.

For individuals companies and businesses

Having a CCJ will normally prevent someone working for a financial institution or they may find it hard getting security clearance.

How approachable is your boss?

Frederickson - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - Lost - Claiming back from post office

Connaught Collections - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - No Agreement - returned to client

Lowell - CCA sent 11/4/07 - No agreement - returned to client

Moorcroft - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - No Agreement - returned to client

Red Castle - CCA Sent 11/4/07 - Copy returned but no T&C's

Robinson Way - CCA Sent 16/5/07