Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3845 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Was in discussion with Black Horse over a change in the amount I am repaying them and thought we were doing business - only to get about 4 calls and a couple of tasty letters the next day from Close Assistance wanting to meet with me to discuss my situation. Anyone have any dealings with them?

Not heard of anyone dealing with them and cant see any threads on them.

Have you got an arrangement with BH?

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

• 2 weeks later...
Not heard of anyone dealing with them and cant see any threads on them.

Have you got an arrangement with BH?

I had an agreement with Black Horse to reduce and review my payments - missed last month and I contacted then to see if they could temporarily take less from me.

I got an income and expenditure form from BH then the next day a raft of calls from Close Assistance ( main clients are Black Horse and Santander I think).

I met with a rep from Close Assistance this evening whose sole intention was to see what value was in my car and start a process to get my vehicle if I was unable to pay the arrears on the loan.

The loan is a personal loan which was used to buy the car but I have paid over 3/4 of the loan leaving about £3500 outstanding.

I have until the 7th August to pay the arrears or the car is up from collection?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

FM

do you still have a copy of the loan?

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

is it possible to scan it and take a pic and post up here - deleting any personal info?

you say a persoanl loan but they think thay can take the car so need to check the loan

but at thsi stage in the life of the loan/hp they need a court order in scotland to take it anyway

is it possible to scan it and take a pic and post up here - deleting any personal info?

you say a persoanl loan but they think thay can take the car so need to check the loan

but at thsi stage in the life of the loan/hp they need a court order in scotland to take it anyway

Before I get document scanned................

Is it worthwhile me contacting BH again to see if they will negotiate a rearranged loan term and monthly amount?

Thats is something only you can answer,

It could always be worth a try but do it in writing,

this is helpful as well

National Debtline Scotland | Debt Advice | Factsheet 08 Hire Purchase Debt