scoobyd77

Welcome Secured but no CCA

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3680 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi

Got a loan with welcome in 2007 for £6k, then 2008 got top up loan to £15k.

Twice requested a CCA and each time they send me the CCA for the £6k loan, but no CCA for 15k loan.

Is this normal or do I have grounds to dispute as no CCA.

Also I dont want to trash my credit file, so if they have no cca and I dispute will my credit file be trashed for 6 years.

Any comments welcomed, :)Lol

also anybody got any links for a secured loan cca in court success story or **won** as I cant see any so not a good omen.

Edited by scoobyd77

CCA request covers ALL data held by them about you..send a letter with all the account numbers on as they are committing an offence.

They are just pi**ing you about,just like they do everyone else.

I am going to ring on monday,

I have a contact from the letter called L Cooper who works in the customer complaints department. Anybody had any dealings.

Would still like a link to a success story for having no cca on a secured loan or does welcome not take it to court if they dont have a cca just in case they lose, which I assume they would.

Don't ring.....send a letter to your contact.YOU need the paper proof for your dispute.

CCA request covers ALL data held by them about you..send a letter with all the account numbers on as they are committing an offence.

They are just pi**ing you about,just like they do everyone else.

CCA request will get you an up to date statement and a copy of your agreement.....

SAR request is ALL data they hold on you

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Dont bank on having everything from Welcome. I sent for mine SAR plus £10.00 but all i got was statements of payments and their interest. Ive wrote back and phoned for the aggreements but nothing as yet.

CCA request covers ALL data held by them about you..

CCA request does not cover all data held about you.......a subject access request does.

jed

I rang welcome this morning on a 0115 number about not supplying the correct CCA, he kept going off the line to speak to his line manager and said she will give me a ring to discuss the issue, I said I can talk to her now then he said she was off sick?????

He said she maybe call me tommorrow but she is quiet busy, lol.

I told him I would be putting the account in dispute and cancelling my direct debit as by law I should have it within 14 days, he agreed I should have it to see what I am paying for.(sounded nice guy to be honest, but a little gay)

I am going to give them a ring back anyway on wednesday if I dont hear anything, then if no answer I will write a dispute letter and cancel Direct Debit.

Maybe this guy has now got to trawl through a mountain of agreements in some storage unit somewhere, hence the delay.

I dont think they will have the cca, soooooooo what will happen next, is anyone else in this situation, must be.

Edited by scoobyd77

Looking around here it looks like they will try and send me a reconstituted unsigned cca agreement, can they do this.

what is the law?????The loan started april 2008

can't remember the exact law, but apparently they are allowed to supply a reconstituted CCA as long as it shows all the correct material an original would have done i.e (name, address, all figures, APR, interest) etc...

i'm querying mine as they've sent me two different copies, basically i borrowed £5000 from them over two orginal loans and they are still saying i owe £14000, and i've already paid them £8000!!!!!!!!!!

good luck with yours, keep me posted and i will do same :)

scooby for your own protection stick to contacting them in writing as they wil deny any conversations if they deem it necessary and you will have no proof, keep a paper trial for your protection.

they can send a recon agreement I believe as long as it contains the exact details of the original

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

So to simplify

1. They can send me a reconstituted CCA to comply with the request.

2. I can put the account in dispute, but they dont subscribe to the banking code so they can ignore this and just default the account and trash my credit file.

3. Judge Waksman has said " if a lender could not supply a copy of the loan agreement, then this automatically prevented them from using the courts to chase a debt until such time as they could come up with a copy."

4. Welcome can keep adding interest and fees until debt cleared.

5. No court action can take place and welcome have no tools to collect.

6. If by miracle you went 12 years with no contact the debt will become statute barred.

So to simplify

1. They can send me a reconstituted CCA to comply with the request.

yep as long as it is just that and not some total fabrication!

2. I can put the account in dispute, but they dont subscribe to the banking code so they can ignore this and just default the account and trash my credit file.

Yep pretty much

3. Judge Waksman has said " if a lender could not supply a copy of the loan agreement, then this automatically prevented them from using the courts to chase a debt until such time as they could come up with a copy."

Yep they can do whatever they like but not put a CCJ etc against you

4. Welcome can keep adding interest and fees until debt cleared.

Yep altho they cannot charge interest if statements arent produced and ridic charges can be reclaimed

5. No court action can take place and welcome have no tools to collect.

They could possibly pass to a DCA who in turn couldnt use the courts either

6. If by miracle you went 12 years with no contact the debt will become statute barred.

I thought it was 6yrs for SB.....or is this different because its secured? And its not no contact, its no admission of liability by you be that in writing or by form of payment