SKY telephone numbers - any help?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5036 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had sky installed on monday at 9.15 and had cancelled by 11:30!!! woman had got order completely wrong and only put tv on instead of bundle, charged me £28 and then when I complained wanted another £40 to put the phone and intenet installation in the next 2-3 weeks!

Have tried cancelling witihin their 30 day cooling off period (2 hours!!!!) with emails to their "dedicated" cancellation team on mon/tues/thurs but no response.

Telephoned today (sat) the cancellation team to try and sort again but told they can't cancel accounts not yet passed the 30 day period and need to e-mail .

Anyone got a number that would get me through to anyone who can do this - she went on about being a "massive company" much to her displeasure I continually used this as a guide to my complaint being dealt with.

Hi,

I've asked IdaInFife to have a look at your thread when she comes on-line, she may be able to help.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

WIthin the cooling off period you either have to write in or email in - they cannot take your cancelllation over the phone.

you can email on the contact us option on sky.com

• Haha 1

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

I thought they only charged the 39.00 fee if they had to reinstate a bt line as having one is necessary for sky. Ive come accross that fee as was with cable and wireless and that was the issue, but I was none the wiser of not being with bt.

If you have a bt line they shouldnt charge to transfer you, but in my case I hopefully will be cancelling prior to take over soon as well. To be honest techy wise they let me down in the end, were not willing to look into why the takeover kept failing at the exchange and missed a major fault 'LLU issue' so I will make use of that email address hopefully within the next week as after failing twice they want to try again 23/7, had enough and hope to stay with current provider as long as they sort out issue, which is probably minor anyhow.

Best wishes and thanks for the email sufer01 xx

You do not need a BT line for Sky.

They can take over an existing active BT line free of charge but they can also provide a new line which costs £39 at the moment.

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

You do not need a BT line for Sky.

They can take over an existing active BT line free of charge but they can also provide a new line which costs £39 at the moment.

Ida x

That makes sence xx I do however feel a lot of telecom companies other than bt, in my experience let the customer think the line is maintained by bt even when raising an issue at sales, its frustrating not getting the full facts untill later. To be honest it is a complicated business I learnt, but I was so insistant about my requirements in both cases. Engineer explained sky use their own equipment like my present provider and only two days ago after sales some weeks before, sky said alarm oh dont know if we can support that, then it wasnt mentioned again:cool:

On that then poster doesnt have a bt line at present:idea:I wasnt told that when signing up to my tv as well, thats where their failing. If I knew about the fee I would have still signed, but been aware. Extra unexpected fees make a person suspicious of trusting the company or at least create bad feeling.

Edited by loopinlouie

For clarification, you actually DO need a 'BT Lne' for Sky. Sky's services are provided by BT Openreach (a BT company). Neither can Sky access the networks of Virgin nor Kingston as no access has been granted to these. Evewn if no line is present, Sky will arrange for BT Openreach to install it, so it is important to stress that withour BT, Sky's phone service would not exist.

Sorry Buzby but wrong, Sky now have their own network/exchanges in some area's and they do not have their own engineers and employ BT openreach to maintain and install the sky network.

ida x

I've no idea what all the phone line notes are about, this thread is merely about the impossible procedure that sky creates for people under the 30 day cooling off period to cancel their contract.

Youve been given a helpful email by surfer01 to do the cancellation and ensure you get a response, but your reason for cancellation appears to be a problem which may be of interest to others as in the fee of 39.00 and not being aware of it at sales pitch. Sorry if you feel the talk on lines is uneccessary but I am going through the same as you and sold within the same time frame as you, so maybe sky should take it up.

Hope you get the response you need from sky.

For clarification, you actually DO need a 'BT Lne' for Sky. Sky's services are provided by BT Openreach (a BT company). Neither can Sky access the networks of Virgin nor Kingston as no access has been granted to these. Evewn if no line is present, Sky will arrange for BT Openreach to install it, so it is important to stress that withour BT, Sky's phone service would not exist.

Sorry Buzby but wrong, Sky now have their own network/exchanges in some area's and they do not have their own engineers and employ BT openreach to maintain and install the sky network.

ida x

What Buzby is saying is correct. The physical line from the exchange to the house is owned and maintained by BT Openrech, where at the exchange it plugs into a Sky (well, Easynet) DSLAM. In non-bt areas like on the virgin network or in kingston upon hull the lines are nothing to do with BT and therefor Sky cannot install a line.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar