Awaiting an "invoice" from Parking Eye

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5019 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Someone in my family stayed in an Aldi car park for 3 minutes too long the other day. Never had a private parking invoice through the door before, but read all about them. Actually quite looking forward to it!

The thing I noticed on the sign in Aldi was they now say if you don't pay the charge, they'll clamp you on your next visit to Aldi or any car park operated by Parking Eye.

Not great, so we'll just have to be very careful about where to park in the future! :roll:

Watch this space for when the letter arrives!

It's a bluff. Like Tesco in Salford Quays - lots of blue signs that simply say "car clamping now in authorisation".

Don't think Tesco legal compliance have seen them!

Yeah if you could, it could be interesting as I think you cannot carry an incident across to another landowner's property. Also as it is a civil matter, they coudl find themselves in a lot of poo poo.

Unfortunately I don't have a picture. I only thought about how long the car had been there when we drove out and I saw the ANPR cameras.

If I'm there again, I'll make sure I get a photograph.

Why would you want to park there again, if someone treat me like that, then I would rather vote con/lib than spend my money at a store which treats folk with contempt.

I have a picture of an Aldi, Parking Eye sign stating that they will clamp for any unpaid invoices.

I am at work today so i will post it up tomorrow.

That is definitely against the law.

The actual wording on the sign is " Failure to park within marked bays or if the issued Parking Charge is not paid, may result in your vehicle being immobilised,released only upon payment of the clamp release fee. "

Good enough reason not to shop at ALDI's, however it does not state that they will clamp you for a previous infringement of their rules. If they did it would be very bad publicity for ALDI and any judge would award you damages but getting it out of the clamping firm could be hazardous to your health.

Very very dubious, give Consumer Direct - Contact us a call and see what they say, they will also pass on the details of your complaint to the OFT and TS.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

The actual wording on the sign is " Failure to park within marked bays or if the issued Parking Charge is not paid, may result in your vehicle being immobilised,released only upon payment of the clamp release fee. "

however it does not state that they will clamp you for a previous infringement of their rules.

As a "Parking Charge" is issued by post after you have outstayed your welcome, how can it mean anything other than they are clamping for a previous unpaid charge?

I've mentioned this Aldi (Parking Eye) clamping sign before, a couple of months ago, on the McDonalds Stansted thread.

So what's the advice if you *DO* find your car clamped? Cut it off/remove it by any means?

We all know it's illegal to clamp unless trespass has been committed etc, but these clampers don't take any notice of whats legal and what isn't do they? So you might find your car clamped even if you've only bought it the day before...?

I have sent a letter of complaint to the BPA about parking eye.

I was in my local sainsburys earlier , they are patroled by euro , i noticed a "sainsburys" sign next to the parent and child parking, it states that missuse of these facilities will result in a £50 "FINE".

hello all:-)

dont hold your breath on the BPA doing anything they are the invoicing companies club

If enough complaints are recieved by them then they will eventualy have to do something. otherwise they will lose all credebility.

The BPA are trying to push thenselfes as the regulator of the private parking industry and trying to give this industry an air of respectability, so they must eventualy act on complaints , otherwise they will lose credability.

If enough complaints are recieved by them then they will eventualy have to do something. otherwise they will lose all credebility.

The BPA are trying to push thenselfes as the regulator of the private parking industry and trying to give this industry an air of respectability, so they must eventualy act on complaints , otherwise they will lose credability.

Seriously dont hold your breath, who do you think runs the BPA

I know.

But i realy do believe that if we can force their hand we can show them up to the wider public for what they actual are.

They are trying to legitimise this whole private parking [problem] and if we sit back and do nothing then they may succede.

letters to the CFO, CEO and head of Legal Services at Sainsburys asking under what powers they claim to be able to 'fine' people and how this income is shown in the accounts. :)

letters to the CFO, CEO and head of Legal Services at Sainsburys asking under what powers they claim to be able to 'fine' people and how this income is shown in the accounts. :)

Somebody over on MSE has already done that a few months ago. Here is the letter sent to Sainsbury's:-

[iDear Sirs,

I recently visited your newly-opened High Wycombe store, and very nice it is too.

However, I feel I must have missed some news bulletins recently, because when I drove into the car park there, I noticed signs saying that if drivers parked in the disabled bays without a blue badge, they would be "fined" £50. The same condition applied to parent & child bays.

Now as any clued up person knows, fines can only be issued by the Courts, Police, or local Councils. For a private company to claim to be able to fine someone, would be a contravention of Section 2 of the Fraud Act 2006.

I can only assume, therefore, that since these signs must have been approved by some legal top bananas in Sainsbury's, and they clearly wouldn't want to be committing fraudulent acts, that J Sainsbury has recently passed into public ownership and is now a sub-division of the Ministry of Agriculture or some such government organisation.

Please could you confirm this?[/i]

similar thing, when they were putting sitckers on cars about its fine to park if you have a blue badge but we will fine you if you dont, read his response

email ping pong

first email to them

User's Comments: I suggest you sort your recent advertising that you will FINE users parking in disabled bays, and the term Penalty Charge Notice

you CANNOT by LAW Issue a FINE or use the term Penalty Charge Notice only the Council or a POLICE officer can issue a PCN , and only a Court of LAW can issue a FINE, if the Private company's you are using have advised you on using these terms , then once again get legal advice

many complaints are being send to the ASA regarding this

may I suggest you take URGENT legal ADVICE on these matters

what you are actually doing is issuing a civil invoice which has no value nor can you demand payment of it

the Ministry Of Justice has also been informes of your claims , sent direct to Bridget Prentice MP , who is the Minister

their reply, note the comment they can on signs use the word Fine

Thank you for your email about our parking charges. I am sorry that you believe our charges to be illegal.

I have spoken today with Euro Car Parks and discussed the legality of the usage of the term "fine" and "PCN".

You are correct in your belief that the term "fine" cannot be used to describe the physical article that would be placed on the car if it was improperly parked. This can legally be referred to as a "PCN" as the car park is on privately owned land. We can however use the term fine on our signs in the car park as this is simply a warning for the customer, not printed on the documentation of the PCN.

As the car park is on private land and run by Euro Car Parks, Sainsbury's take no part in the issuing of charges. If you would like to challange a charge you have recieved you would have to go through Euro Car Parks.

I hope I have been able to clarify this issue for you. If you have any further comments or questions you can contact me again or contact Euro Car Parks directly.

Kind regards

Michael *************

Customer Manager

to which a reply was sent ,but never got an answer

you cannot by LAW use the term FINE or PENALTY on anything nor imply that a FINE / PENALTY will be imposed, not just restricted to the piece of JUNK paper placed on a car

you are putting out a leaflet that uses the word FINE which is also unlawful, with the words its fine to park with a blue badge , etc

you are the Landowner and you are responsible for your agents Euro Car Parks actions, and are answerable under Civil /Criminal law for their actions

in law you can only claim the loss caused by the so called parking, which in a free car park is nil, there is NO LEGAL JUSTIFICATION for any amount that Euro Car Parks demands, therefore no legal right to demand any form of payment, any sign placed on your property DOES NOT form a Contract to park UNLESS you have physical proof that the customer had agreed to accept the contract, just driving past a sign post does not FORM A CONTRACT, which in many cases has been the downfall of PPC's in they few County Court claims PPC's have tried

Euro Car Parks and other PPC's who have on a very few occasions braved it and tried to enforce in the County Court have lost in 99.9999% of the cases on that alone

you cannot legally use the term PCN to imply it is a legal document PCN refers to a Council / Police NOTICE , then say its a Parking Charge Notice , it is "false representation"

as for appeals Euro Car Parks running the appeals is a conflict of interest, Euro Car Parks are there to make money they don't uphold challenges

the further actions of Euro Car Parks in attempts to enforce their ill-gotten gains is tantamount to harassment and intimidation threats of county court judgements , using threats in letters and making phone calls to the person such as we will be - sending bailiff's - credit rating being affected for 6 years - sending someone to your door to collect the money and investigate your financially situation

and the stupidity of your were on / over the white line is a [problem] to raise a fee, you are loosing customers because of this, and many customers will not even use your stores because of the Parking Scams you allow in your car parks

Also I suggest you check the USE OF A BLUE BADGE , a blue Badge has no legal standing on Private property therefore to raise a charge for not displaying it is yet another [problem]

I suggest you take legal advice , and not from Euro Car Parks urgently

who does come first in your Company the "CUSTOMER being able to shop" or Euro Car Parks [causing problems] your customers,

Edited by kiptower

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html