• Tweets

• It definitely has to be 100% or they have pulled a fast one on you - even before the govt clarified on this I found advise to this end that it has to be pre-furlough pay.
    • I thought so, I managed to get hold of ACAS and have put in a claim.    thank you 
    • I assume your holidays run from March to April or something similar. As far as i know your holidays continue to accrue - covid or not, especially since you kept working they have no leg to stand on.
    • Thank you so much for the replies already!   Just to add to the original post , I no longer live at the address that they've send the letter to (have changed my address with DvLa) not sure if it makes a difference    For a windscreen ticket  1 The date of infringement? 11th February 2017   2 Have you yet appealed to the parking company yet? Yes. I dont have any evidence of it as it was from 3 years ago. I sent photos of the car park and my parking ticket . I still have the paid parking ticket    has there been a response? No.      have you received a Notice To Keeper? (NTK) [must be received by you between 29-56 days] I can't recall this. But I believe I may have    When I received debt collectors letters , I then sent the offer to pay letters and the PDA   5 Who is the parking company? One parking solution    6. where exactly [Carpark name and town] did you park? Vantage point , brighton  08-13-2020-11.24.33.pdf offer to pay - pcn.pdf pda.pdf
    • ok, bit more info i should have stated. The claim was started within the 6 years stat limitation. the hearing was after 6 years had expired and so was the strike out. It is now 8 years past default notice, and i have not heard anything since strike out for 1.5 years. surely another claim for the same terminated account is timebarred, even if they change the amount to a lesser amount.   the issue is the oc bank has written to me stating i am due a refund of wrongly taken charges and interest FROM 2011 and have applied the refund to the os balance, which is with the purchaser company who was struck out. The oc say they have informed the purchaser of the revised balance, which means the claim against me by the purchaser was for the wrong balance. surely this does not mean thy could use this balance for a new claim 8 years later? this smells like a trick.
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
magickat

Carter/freds - catalogue account

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3687 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi guys, I hope you can advise me.

I have been receiving letters from Fredrickson Intl with regard to a catalogue account with the usual threats, we may do this, may do that etc.

However, today I have received a letter from Bryan Carter so thought I would ask for help as I have heard the company mentioned on here before.

The letter says: "Payment must be made within the next 14 days failing which we will recommend to our client that proceddings be issued without further notice.

Should proceedings be issued additional charges will be added to the existing balance (gives a table detailing costs).

Before the account is referred to us to litigate you still have an opportunity to contact FI with your payment proposals. Inorder to avoid further action you should phone them immediately.

This is a serious matter and you may wish to seek legal advice"

Should I take any action? Any advice gratefully received.

Hi,

Whats the score with the account, how old is it, when was the last payment made, are there any charges to reclaim, have you CCA'd them.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

It's pretty recent, only last year I think. Last payment was made around November time. I haven't CCA'd them. I don't know about any charges to reclaim.

I take it that the outstanding amounts not too great, are you not able to pay anything off.

It is a relatively small amount, I could probably afford to offer £10 a month, do you think they might accept this?

I would think they would have to, have you been defaulted.

What you need to do is turn the tables so to speak -

YOU are the one who can decide what you can pay, so make sure it is an amount you can afford for the length of the repayment time, then TELL them what you will pay and pay by Standing Order - do not let them have any of your banking details.

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.