advice re bailiffs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5029 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i am registered owner of the vehicle. Bailiffs apparenty entered my home yesterday with a letter entitled removal of goods in relation to a purported warrant issued by Northampton CC in respect of 2 outstanding parking fines. Partner allowed him in due to intimidation and paid one of the amounts in excess of £250.

I am confused as 1) I know nothing about either parking fine and 2)albeit my partner appears to be aware of one of the fines which he put in letter of appeal in respect of, the other fine which he paid bailiff he knew nothing about either.

I have no idea what documents I should have received, but I believe I should have had something before it reached this stage.

Can any one help on what I can do next. The fines appear in connection with parking outside my house :???:

Thank you for that - I guess I need to contact the TEC and provide a witness statement as I was unaware of either pcn and certainly have not received any further letters.

I am also worried about the implications of having these registered against me???????

I am also worried about the implications of having these registered against me???????

All it means is that as far as the Court in concerned you owe the outstanding penalty and it can be collected by the Council as a debt using baliffs if required.

Once its paid it is settled and not recorded on any public register so will no longer show as a debt, obviously the Council will keep a record that you got a PCN and paid it but it is not like a criminal record or CCJ and is for all intents forgotten about.

Thank you for that - I guess I need to contact the TEC and provide a witness statement as I was unaware of either pcn and certainly have not received any further letters.

What many bailiff companies will do when they are passed the Warrant by the council is to "CLEANSE" the warrant. This means that they will check the address on the warrant against various databases and if you have moved home they will CHANGE the address on the warrant. If the wrong house number or post code is on the warrant they will CHANGE it.

Crucially, one very large LONDON local authority also allow their bailiff company to charge THE DEBTOR £45 for locating your NEW ADDRESS !!!

Don't even consider that any of the above is fair.....

When you telephone the Traffic Enforcement Centre you need to ask them to CONFIRM the original address for the PCN. You will need the PCN number BEFORE you ring them.

PS: If you have paid, you can still complete an Out of Time Statutory Declaration.

Edited by tomtubby

i am registered owner of the vehicle. Bailiffs apparenty entered my home yesterday with a letter entitled removal of goods in relation to a purported warrant issued by Northampton CC in respect of 2 outstanding parking fines. Partner allowed him in due to intimidation and paid one of the amounts in excess of £250.

I am confused as 1) I know nothing about either parking fine and 2)albeit my partner appears to be aware of one of the fines which he put in letter of appeal in respect of, the other fine which he paid bailiff he knew nothing about either.

I have no idea what documents I should have received, but I believe I should have had something before it reached this stage.

Can any one help on what I can do next. The fines appear in connection with parking outside my house :???:

Did you file Out of Time Witness Statements?