Benefit discussion forums

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3797 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Sometimes there are posts about it on the BBC's Ouch! forum, or if there is a charity that looks after your particular problem, they may have something. Don't you like us any more? :(

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

i have been reprimanded on CAG for every crime "hijacking", slander, bad language , threads removed, posts removed you name it. However this is the best and most helpful website in the uk and every reprimand was on retrospect my own fault.. I think even the experienced Caggers would admit a few of the enemy cruise these pages and try to muddy the waters, however anyone with half a nose can smell them a mile off.

Keep up the good work CAG

I don't dislike this site at all, but I posted a question that didn't get answerd so maybe there's a more appropriate site elsewhere. It's not as if there's enough support for people out of work/with disabilities on the net anyway. There's nowhere near enogh of a presence challenging our appalling state system.

I don't dislike this site at all, but I posted a question that didn't get answerd so maybe there's a more appropriate site elsewhere. It's not as if there's enough support for people out of work/with disabilities on the net anyway. There's nowhere near enogh of a presence challenging our appalling state system.

There may be othersites, and perhaps your question has'nt been answered yet because people that have replied are quite content with cag.

I'm on the MSE forum; it's a right wing nightmare. I've never seen anything like it.

I don't mind if people choose not to answer a question I ask as that's there choice. Obviously I wouldn't post if I didn't want an answer at all. But if there's a more appropriate site for that quesiton then that's even better.

i just realised your previous posting has had no replies this happens sometimes i have tried to bump it up.ie previous thread sorry

Edited by micko19
mistake
i just realised your previous posting has had no replies this happens sometimes i have tried to bump it up.ie previous thread sorry

Thanks. I'm not here to compel people to respond or complain if they don't. I just need to find a more appropriate place to get those answers if this isn't it.

I'm on the MSE forum; it's a right wing nightmare. I've never seen anything like it.

I don't mind if people choose not to answer a question I ask as that's there choice. Obviously I wouldn't post if I didn't want an answer at all. But if there's a more appropriate site for that quesiton then that's even better.

MSE forums are touch and go and there are some very very sad individuals who have a chronic dose of Napoleon syndrome. It's weird tbf & I only hang round on there to put right some of the myths and untruths being perpetrated.

As for complaining that a post hasn't been answered on here? This is a free board and although membership is growing it is still dependant on a specific person with knowledge being here at the right time. It is unrealistic & unreasonable to expect an immediate answer all of the time.

Even our wise, mythical, omnipotent guru and board guide ErikaPNP probably has to stop for a cuppa once in a while ;)

My opinion on MSE: I like MSE but I can't stand the benefits forum, there are too many critics on there. I can understand the critique clique storming a thread when it's obvious that the author is seeking a way around the system to commit fraud - CAG doesn't condone fraud either (particularly where we see so many people on here wrongly denied benefit) but there are so many genuine queries on there too which people are far too quick to judge on. An innocent question asked by a person having difficulty navigating the system is often met with complete scorn where there is absolutely no need for it. It's like a pack of wild dogs waiting to go in for the kill. Sadly, many of the benefits forums I have come across are similar, or have a "them and us" base between claimants and staff. CAG is different in that DWP employees on here are actually very helpful to claimants, and the claimants appreciate it.

In regard to "cagbot" it might interest you all to know that even Site Team are not exempt from the wrath. I get posts edited, moved and removed too if I'm a baddie! (I ought to know better though!)

Some posts here are unanswered simply because nobody knows the answer, or because the person who does know the answer isn't around at the time. Nobody is paid here (not site team either) we are all here on a vountary basis, and as such aren't available at all times. I work full time and am studying part time. In addition to this, I am a single parent and one of my children is disabled and needs daily therapy from me, so I can't be here all hours of the day which means I don't get the chance to answer as many questions as I'd like to. A lot of people who come here also have (particularly for ESA and DLA queries) debilitating conditions which mean that they have the experience of the system and can answer a lot of queries but it also means that they are unable to sit at a computer all day everyday and so questions often drop down the page and go unanswered.

What people tend to do is that if they haven't received a response within a certain length of time, they post the word "bump" on their thread which brings it back up to the top of the forum, giving those who have been offline when it was posted a chance to answer it.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

In fairness, wishface, the question you have asked in your other thread is a very common question that frequently crops up on this forum. Simply reading around the forum will give you more than enough information to fulfill your wildest dreams ... :)

Best wishes

Rae

Re: MSE, I so agree about the "dog pack" and "Napoleon syndrome" prevalent there. I'm a refugee from MSE who won't ever go back.

Regards,

Paul.

I'm not a qualified welfare rights adviser, but I'm planning on becoming one. I'm no substitute for more competent advice from trained CAB and welfare rights workers - [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/benefits-tax-credits-minimum/127741-benefits-advice.html"]see this post[/URL] by Joa, great advice and links! I've been running a Crisis Loan campaign and help since Jan 2007 . See my annotations c/o "theyworkforyou". I'm also currently interested by the recent DWP Medical Services reform and the effect this is having on valid claims, seriously - someone needs to be keeping a suicide count.

I think even the experienced Caggers would admit a few of the enemy cruise these pages and try to muddy the waters, however anyone with half a nose can smell them a mile off.

Keep up the good work CAG

I used to work for JCP, and posted here when I did. Am I "the enemy"?

I mean, I guess, at a push, I'd accept "a faceless automaton", because I couldn't think for myself and did nothing but push the official line, but "the enemy"? Really?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Antone

I used to work for JCP, and posted here when I did. Am I "the enemy"?

I mean, I guess, at a push, I'd accept "a faceless automaton", because I couldn't think for myself and did nothing but push the official line, but "the enemy"? Really?

the answer to your question would be, in how you helped fellow poster's,

wether you brought only the offical line part of 'you' or used your knowledge of officaldome in aiding fellow poster's.

Not all people working for big companys, DWP and banks etc........ have automatic enemy status(you do have put bread on your own table as well a jobs a job)

CAG is open to every one you don't have say if you are working(and for whom) or not.

That is why CAG stands out.

wishface

re-post your question in this thread you never know.

:)

dk

• Haha 1

:welcome::rofl::welcome:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:tea:

most of my knowledge is from the school of hard knocks

not based on any legal background

As quite a lot fellow caggers state seek Legal Advice

:ranger:

MSE forums are touch and go and there are some very very sad individuals who have a chronic dose of Napoleon syndrome. It's weird tbf & I only hang round on there to put right some of the myths and untruths being perpetrated.

As for complaining that a post hasn't been answered on here? This is a free board and although membership is growing it is still dependant on a specific person with knowledge being here at the right time. It is unrealistic & unreasonable to expect an immediate answer all of the time.

Even our wise, mythical, omnipotent guru and board guide ErikaPNP probably has to stop for a cuppa once in a while ;)

I wasn't complaining. I made that clear. I'm not going to repeat the point; I was asking a perfectly reasonable question as to whether there are any other forums that discuss these issues that might be better suited to my question. I'm not complaining that people aren't answering my question at all; I was trying to find somewhere more suitable in lieu of answers here.

My opinion on MSE: I like MSE but I can't stand the benefits forum, there are too many critics on there. I can understand the critique clique storming a thread when it's obvious that the author is seeking a way around the system to commit fraud - CAG doesn't condone fraud either (particularly where we see so many people on here wrongly denied benefit) but there are so many genuine queries on there too which people are far too quick to judge on. An innocent question asked by a person having difficulty navigating the system is often met with complete scorn where there is absolutely no need for it. It's like a pack of wild dogs waiting to go in for the kill. Sadly, many of the benefits forums I have come across are similar, or have a "them and us" base between claimants and staff. CAG is different in that DWP employees on here are actually very helpful to claimants, and the claimants appreciate it.

In regard to "cagbot" it might interest you all to know that even Site Team are not exempt from the wrath. I get posts edited, moved and removed too if I'm a baddie! (I ought to know better though!)

Some posts here are unanswered simply because nobody knows the answer, or because the person who does know the answer isn't around at the time. Nobody is paid here (not site team either) we are all here on a vountary basis, and as such aren't available at all times. I work full time and am studying part time. In addition to this, I am a single parent and one of my children is disabled and needs daily therapy from me, so I can't be here all hours of the day which means I don't get the chance to answer as many questions as I'd like to. A lot of people who come here also have (particularly for ESA and DLA queries) debilitating conditions which mean that they have the experience of the system and can answer a lot of queries but it also means that they are unable to sit at a computer all day everyday and so questions often drop down the page and go unanswered.

What people tend to do is that if they haven't received a response within a certain length of time, they post the word "bump" on their thread which brings it back up to the top of the forum, giving those who have been offline when it was posted a chance to answer it.

Given some of the appalling comments i've seen on that site I'm very surprised at the lack of moderation as it doesn't portray Martin Lewis in a very positive light. It's also far too visually dense! There's so much on every page on screen!

Antone

wether you brought only the offical line part of 'you' or used your knowledge of officaldome in aiding fellow poster's.

Not all people working for big companys, DWP and banks etc........ have automatic enemy status(you do have put bread on your own table as well a jobs a job)

CAG is open to every one you don't have say if you are working(and for whom) or not.

wishface

dk

Here is the question.

Hi wishface

loneranger. kelcou, honeybee13 and ErikaPNP are a prime quartet for advising to your post.

dk

:welcome::rofl::welcome:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:tea:

most of my knowledge is from the school of hard knocks

not based on any legal background

As quite a lot fellow caggers state seek Legal Advice

:ranger:

Antone

wishface

dk

Well, you know, if things start from the assumption that I am "the enemy" and I am required to prove otherwise, is it really all that surprising that DWP staff get sick of trying to help people on messageboards?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Here is the question.

Your question was correctly answered by others, and I saw no reason add anything to what they had said.