What do you do?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5011 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got half way through a lengthy post about PPCs, charges, the rights of the landowner, tactics employed by PPCs etc etc. Then I realised it really boiled down to one question.

Knowing what you know now, do you pay for parking on private land?

By private land I mean any area designated for parking and managed by the likes of Excel.

Go on, humour me. I've had a terribly ****ty day.

Fraud Act 2006

11 Obtaining services dishonestly

(1) A person is guilty of an offence under this section if he obtains services for himself or another—

(a) by a dishonest act, and

(b) in breach of subsection (2).

(2) A person obtains services in breach of this subsection if—

(a) they are made available on the basis that payment has been, is being or will be made for or in respect of them,

(b) he obtains them without any payment having been made for or in respect of them or without payment having been made in full, and

© when he obtains them, he knows—

(i) that they are being made available on the basis described in paragraph (a), or

(ii) that they might be,

but intends that payment will not be made, or will not be made in full.

(3) A person guilty of an offence under this section is liable—

(a) on summary conviction, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 12 months or to a fine not exceeding the statutory maximum (or to both);

(b) on conviction on indictment, to imprisonment for a term not exceeding 5 years or to a fine (or to both).

(4) Subsection (3)(a) applies in relation to Northern Ireland as if the reference to 12 months were a reference to 6 months.

Fraud has a much higher hurdle than the cost of a parking ticket - see the guidelines on it. Good luck with CPS with that one :)

Fraud is fraud where does it state a minimum amount? Next you will saying theft is only a crime if you steal more than a set amount. I was recently involved in convicting a driver of fraud using the 2006 act for using a fake blue badge to avoid paying in an on street p&d bay. 250 hours community service and £750 costs for two counts of not paying £1.50, I rest my case.

that was a quick rest. By your won words you got them "for using a fake blue badge " . Tell us about the convictions for parking without the intention to pay under the Fraud Act which you claim is possible. Counterfeiting documents is a different thing entirely as you well know. You also say there were two counts of failing to pay £1.50. care to show us the court decision ? got a case number ?

Edited by lamma