RMA/Barclaycard settlement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5001 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just wondering if anyone has had an offer of settlement off RMA and what % was actually settled?

The sharks are the quickest to call off the chase imo but im not sure about settlement. Given they have a middle eastern gun at their heads i'd think that they'd be happy (on the qt) for a fair sum .

sent me a blank application form after the CCA so no its not enforceable, its debt for just under £5000, I was going to send an offer of 10% for now and see what the response is. I presume I send it to RMA?

thanks

mm

Have you put the account in dispute. Tell them that you consider the account in dispute. I Would offer 12.5 % and when they turn it down I would lower it to 10% reminding them the account is unenforceable and another offer will not be forth-coming, the offer of the money from a relative won't be around much longer

They will only get this money on condition that you credit file is wiped.

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

I answered the phone to RMA and had a conversation about the debt being unenforceable, I told the guy I wanted to settle but wasnt prepared to pay a regular monthly amount unless they provided something other than a blank application form when I put in a CCA request.

they initially offered 65% settlement over the phone but I made it clear I had limited funds from a third party and that there was no way i would pay that much - I said I was happy for Barclaycard to keep passing it on to various DCAs if they liked and then I waffled on for a while about the blank form, barclaycard being a joke etc etc and I offered 10%

he went off to speak to the manager and came back with a settlement of £2000 (balance is £5700) I accepted this on condition that I could pay £1000 by end july then spread the other £1000 over 3 months until end October and they agreed.

The letter has arrived today as follows

"In ref to our recent conversation we can advise you that barclaycard have agreed to accept the sum of £2000.00 as full and final settlement of the current outstanding balance of £5xxx.xx

as agreed a payment of £1000 must be received in the office no later than 30th July 2010 with the below payments to follow:

£333 to be received no later than 31/08/2010

£333 " " " " " no later than 30/09

£334 " " " 31/10/10

failure to pay the agreed amount within the agreed time frame will render this agreement null and void. The full outstanding balance will then be due and payable in full immediately.

Please contact RMA upon receipt of this letter to confirm payment.

Im just wondering if there is something I need to confirm in writing or something I might be missing that could be important before I arrange the £1000 payment.

I really am happy to settle the account and thankfully I am in a position to do so at the moment. I just need to confirm that the content of the letter is enough to finalise the account on paper should anyone at a later date try to claim the additional balance.

MM