• Tweets

• I agree with the what you say.   However from prospect of an honest client what can be done?   They were contacted in time, to tell them the food is crap. they wanted the investigations team to look into it and they asked for photos.   today they are saying T&C 6 says its between you and the resturant.   aka we got the commsion they got the money and you can fork off.   i can fork off yes. however i want to do something about it. this is crona, not worked..... march. things are tight.    
    • As has already been said here, whether it takes five minutes or longer, the case will be closed in your favour. Enforcement is going to be a completely different issue. When do you issue your claim? Have you drafted the particulars yet? You may want to post them up here so we can have a look and comment before you actually issue the claim
    • I would like to think not too, hindsight is a wonderful thing, and I did say before had this all been done in a face to face situation I wouldn't be in this current predicament. I mentioned that he said after his first initial call to me about the clutch/strut needing replaced however the car requires a completely new paint job and stripping of the 'wrap' (actually a badly attempted effort at spraying with a plasti dip paint) which wasn't apparent in any of the pictures, nor did he mention it. However, even this doesn't come into it with the 14 days to cancel as no reason has to be given.    I'm hopeful that it if goes before a judge and the fact it was sold on a trade sales invoice will be case closed in my favour in under 5 minutes. 
    • Well, perhaps pointing that out in the first place was a tad sarcastic, so, I generally reply to sarcasm with sarcasm.    Bottom line is, the reason distance sales open more avenues for a consumerrights etc is because people get duped by dodgy traders rather frequently.       I believe your own first response was, good luck with the 12 months extension, which is already in my favour, so a bit more savvy in knowing what you're talking about before you responded would maybe have prevented me from pointing out that yes, I do indeed have the 12 months extension.   My apologies you said it should be interesting. .. goodness knows what you meant by that.
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 6 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

Points on licence/DVLA & insurance

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3721 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My son was given 4 points on his license at court back in April. The DVLA or police or court system have not asked for his driving license to update and add the points . His annual car insurance is due in August. How long does he have to wait for them to come through on his license. Should he tell the insurance company regardless? Does anyone know the affect on his premium ? He already has 3.

Thanks

The number of points awarded by the court should be declared to your insurer at the first available opportunity, together with the date of the offence, the court conviction date and the offence code.

The effect on the renewal premium? - How long is a piece of string? There are a thousand and one variables here.

Bottom line, the court conviction is a material fact and must be declared.

H

What do you mean revoked?.this is his first offence and we are not sure of the procedure..noones told him to send his licence anywhere? I think when you have a speeding fine you are advised to send your licence off..noone has asked that? No paperwork has been received since?

Thanks

He's not trying to dodge this by the way..its just noone has asked for his licence details & its only because his insurance is due we've thought about it

You certainly need to get your son to check it, I am pretty sure that when my husband went to court he had to give his licence in on the day.

You should also have told the insurance company, mine checked whether I had any convictions when I phoned them to tell them about a smashed window... and they can check anyway, so no idea why they bother asking.

It's revoked because of its non-receipt for amendment/updating. I have my suspicions that it is an automatic process after a certain timeframe has passed. You do need to ask them what's happening.

First time I went to court for a motoring offence I didn't realise that I should have taken my driving licence along. I was called up and before any of the case was heard the judge asked for my driving licence. When I said I didn't have it with me, the case was adjourned. Judge said the case could not proceed without my driving licence and set another date, telling me to be sure I brought my licence along.

So I'm not sure how your son could have got the points without producing his licence to the court...

And he should tell his insurance company IMMEDIATELY, not wait till his insurance is due for renewal. They will use anything to get out of paying a claim. A friend of my father's had a brand new sports car, got 3 points for something really trivial, forgot to inform his insurance company, had a bad crash and completely wrote his sports car off. Insurance company refused to pay out as he hadn't told them about the 3 points and he ended up around £30,000 out of pocket.:eek:

Confusing! You say 'he already has 3' but this was his first offence????

Asuming he does already have 3, that makes 7 now. If he obtained those 7 points within 2 years of passing his driving test then his licence WILL have been revoked.

In any event, as pointed out above, you do not wait for a paper licence with points to be sent to you. You notify the insureres IMMEDAITELY as failing to do so will invalidate his insurance mid term if they are not told. Failure to disclose and all that.