• Tweets

• The HA might be jointly liable with the other renter, if they have not done anything and allowed the interference to continue.  As BF indicates talk to others affected, and go after t him as a group, and involve the HA as they are also remiss permitting the interference.   Just an aside, wonder if the HA would like people to vacate and end their garage tenacy as they have other ideas for the land.  I know of HA's in wales that wanted top demolish and use the land for building living units as income barely sufficient to maintain the garages.
    • Thank You Bankfodder. What do you mean by the statement I have been offered?   I really eish i could make it a clean break and return the car as I want this to end and I dont really want a car without service history but I feel I am stuck in a hard place. The MOT is due next month and the warnings on the car are becoming more frequent. Either way I'm sure i will end up having to fix it.
    • Being objective, it could be that they accept you've cancelled the DD mandate and you can no longer access the gym.   But that does not rule out them arguing that you cancelled early or without the notice they require.   Let's not second guess though - let us know if they come after you for more, or if they let it rest.
    • I'm asking this as a result of a recent experience as i know some of you are really knowledgeable about disciplinarys. I know it's going to sound a bit cryptic but here goes.   So without giving too much away, if a local authority staff member is caught somewhere they should not be, doing something they should not be doing (usually a criminal record)  & when confronted by a member of the public tells that member of public to F' off, makes derogatory remarks about them, then on camera gives them the middle finger (all backed by witness statement), what sort of hope does that person have of retaining their job?   Clearly gross misconduct, but realistically is this survivable?
    • ROFL Says the person who almost exclusively just posts his unsupported 'opinion', ... which actually seem to come straight from Boris the Liars Puerile book of Populist Jingles (2nd edition) - but that is the populist way isn't it whether Russian troll bot or actual populist on a forum - point the finger of their own failings at others.     Back to reality: People just have to google 'Johnson foreigner lies' to get swamped with examples,   - or just 'Johnson lies' to get his divisive hate and division peddling on everything  racist/foreigner bashing/ misogynistic/the list goes on .. peddling to name but a few.   Heres just a couple of examples from literally thousands across the world: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/37-lies-gaffes-scandals-make-18558695   https://www.businessinsider.com/boris-johnson-record-sexist-homophobic-and-racist-comments-bumboys-piccaninnies-2019-6?r=US&IR=T   https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/boris-johnson-brexit-middle-east-priti-patel-israel-balfour-robert-fisk-a9030356.html   https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/06/24/the-empty-promise-of-boris-johnson   Now your turn to catch up supporting your many 'opinion' posts Mr unsupported populist opinionist. .. .. A little help: Try googling 'boris Johnson competent' oops that  wont help you.      
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
rhubarb101

Genuine mistake turns £4 ticket into demand for £50, what to do?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3520 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I recently parked at a tube station car park near London. I paid for my ticket using my debit card. I placed my card into the payment machine and followed the instructions on the screen to get my ticket. The machine then printed me a ticket. I placed this ticket clearly into my car window and went on my way. When I got back to my car I had a big yellow and black striped notice on my window. It was a parking contravention charge notice for £50.

I since discovered that the payment that I made using my debit card did not complete and the ticket that the machine printed for me wasn't valid but instead had the words cancelled on it instead of what ever normally gets printed on the tickets. Very small print I might add!

So I thought nothing of it as it was clearly a simple miss understanding that I'd get cleared up pretty easily. I sent the company a letter, National Car Parks Ltd, which explained the technical fault that happened and my offering of the initial parking ticket fee. They wrote back stating that they wouldn't accept the £4 parking fee and would require me to pay £50.

I've since wrote back explaining that I'm not going to give them £50 as they have treated the matter with no fairness to the situation. They sent me a reply again saying that they will require the £50 and that they will get debt collection involved if I don't pay within 14 days of the response.

At the moment I just feel like I'm being taken for a ride here and I don't want to give them my money for a simple mistake over a £4 parking ticket. I'm really after some advise on where I stand? Do these matters get to court? Could this £50 charge turn into something much bigger?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Edited by rhubarb101
spelling error

Hi,

I recently parked at a tube station car park near London. I paid for my ticket using my debit card. I placed my card into the payment machine and followed the instructions on the screen to get my ticket. The machine then printed me a ticket. I placed this ticket clearly into my car window and went on my way. When I got back to my car I had a big yellow and black striped notice on my window. It was a parking contravention charge notice for £50.

I since discovered that the payment that I made using my debit card did not complete and the ticket that the machine printed for me wasn't valid but instead had the words cancelled on it instead of what ever normally gets printed on the tickets. Very small print I might add!

So I thought nothing of it as it was clearly a simple miss understanding that I'd get cleared up pretty easily. I sent the company a letter, National Car Parks Ltd, which explained the technical fault that happened and my offering of the initial parking ticket fee. The wrote back stating that they wouldn't accept the £4 parking fee and would require me to pay £50.

I've since wrote back explaining that I'm not going to give them £50 as they have treated that matter with no fairness to the situation. They sent me a reply again saying that they will require the £50 and that they will get debt collection involved if I don't pay within 14 days of the response.

At the moment I just feel like I'm buying taken for a ride here and I don't want to give them my money for a simple mistake over a £4 parking ticket. I'm really after some advise on where I stand? Do these matters get to court? Could this £50 charge turn into something much bigger?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Fight it..

NCP [problem], read the many posts of how they run the [problem]

you owe them NOTHING

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

Let them play with the traffic..

are they entitled to £4?

If they take it to court, they can sue you for £4.

You have offered to pay that already.

They will shout, scream, etc, but ultimately, you have offered them the £4 that they are owed.

If you are feeling generous, send them a cheque for £4 "in full and final settlement". If not, keep the letter where you offer it, and they refuse, and sit tight.

I like the idea of sending them a £4 cheque. If they make the effort to send me my check back then it's insane.

I like the idea of sending them a £4 cheque. If they make the effort to send me my check back then it's insane.

What they may do is deduct the four pounds of what they think you owe them. If it was me, I would ignore them.

doesn't matter if they deduct the £4 as Rhubarb101 will have mitigated their damages and that would be the end of it

Are you sure that the ticket was from NCP and not from the local council?

Some car parls show an NCP sign but they are run by the councill whose operatives actully actually issue the tickets. These tickets are enforceable.

Hello again, NCP have now sent the matter to a legal agency who have now sent me a nice red coloured letter demanding the money or county court action.

What should I do?

What do you mean by a "legal agency". Are they pretend solicitors or a debt-collecting firm? Either way, just ignore

This company industrialcredit.co.uk

The letter says:

Failure to pay in full will result in immediate issue of legal proceedings without further reference.

Please not the issue of legal proceeding may:

1) Lead to a judgement being awarded against you which will effect your credit status

2) Lead to a warrant of enforcement by the county court bailiff

I'm assuming they are saying it'll go to a county court if I don't pay?

The usual hollow threats. Nothing ever comes of these letters. Just keep ignoring.

A lot of people told me that about the NCP letters but now I have this latest threat. I'm losing faith in the advice to be honest.

What do honestly honestly expect to happen?

Bearing in mind NCP have never ever taken anyone to small claims court ever.

Why are you losing faith in the advice? By believing these threats you are falling for their nasty tricks. Please beleive me, just ignore. You have nothing to worry about.

I just can't help thinking that if NCP have got another business involved then they must feel they have something in their claim. On the other hand I can't see how a court would be interested.

it's not "another business" as such. It's probably another department of NCP. Many parking companies use debt collectors and tame solicitors in this [problem]. It doesn't mean that it will ever get to court.

Just look at this NCP letter chain. As usual it all came to nothing. Don't fall into the trap that anything is going to happen to you.

Looks like the PPCs are bailing out of the 'G.White/Roxburghe' set up.

news of it being 'looked at' is obviously out there on planet PPC.

Will them changing to new companies/names make a difference. No it won't :)

This is the new company:- Industrial Credit Consultants. Note the words "private parking fines" on that page. Naughty, naughty!

Another gem from a different page:-

This process takes the form of a pre-action Final Notice Letter to the point of payment within a defined period of time and then a decision to prosecute and Issue Proceedings on the remainder or, abort and close the action based on legal or commercial grounds.

Since when have a debt collection agency been allowed to "prosecute" anyone?

Have faith in all previous postings; I have been ignoring similar from excel parking and they went away months ago. Similarly with NCP, I am now at the stage where I have recieved this week from ICC Legal Services Ltd NOTICE OF LEGAL PROCEEDINGS. This is a different organisation as showin the the NCP chain of letters as mentioned in a post earlier today, however this was for a pccn not a pcn in a private NCP car park. Whilst I can find no mention of ICC in any other threads on here I am not worried, I imagine as forum members no longer even respond to Graham White solicitors & Roxburgh debt collections, they are using another lmethod of extracting monies as part of this very proffesional ongoing [problem]. have faith !!

To be honest I'd not read through the ICC web site fully. As mentioned earlier, they refer to private parking "fines" but also say they are a member of the british parking association. They are not only going against the BPA guidelines but I think are also going against the consumer rights act in offering me false information that may alter my judgement.

Think I'll carry on ignoring.

Name & Registered Office:

I.C.C. LEGAL SERVICES (UK) LIMITED

HALES COURT

STOURBRIDGE ROAD

HALESOWEN

WEST MIDLANDS

B63 3TT

Company No. 05270447

Date of Incorporation: 26/10/2004

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company

Nature of Business (SIC(03)):

9305 - Other service activities

Accounting Reference Date: 31/10

Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/10/2009 (TOTAL EXEMPTION SMALL)

Next Accounts Due: 31/07/2011

Last Return Made Up To: 26/10/2009

Next Return Due: 23/11/2010

Last Members List: 26/10/2009

Previous Names:

Date of change Previous Name

20/08/2007 INDUSTRIAL CREDIT CONSULTANTS LIMITED

Just been looking through the list of BPA members from their published list here http://www.britishparking.co.uk/files/Images/Members%20of%20the%20AOS%20-%20August%202010.pdf

ICC Legal Services is not on the list although they display the BPA badge on their web site.