VirginMedia HELP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5032 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having taken out a VM bundle of tv phone and internet some 4 months ago, I have had nothing but problems, the free answerphone service didnt chage the dial tone, I had to make several phone calls and got fobbed off, eventually it was rectified but I had missed several calls that had been placed.

I also wanted the DD changed to the date my wages go in so it is easier for me to budget, they refused to do this, and told me I would pay a fiver more if I cancel my DD and pay via the web.

The 50meg broadband is barely above 30 meg, and the tv choice is pretty poor too.

When I ordered this package I never received a contract, and have never signed anything except for my initial DD form. my question is this, whilst I realise I have to pay for what I use, can the enforce the terms of their contract when I have not received or agreed to them in writing?

I would like to cancel and look for a provider with better customer service, and let VM know they stink.

I seems very dodgy to me for a company to claim a customer accepted the terms of contract he hasnt had sight of.

Any comments welcome

Having taken out a VM bundle of tv phone and internet some 4 months ago, I have had nothing but problems, the free answerphone service didnt chage the dial tone, I had to make several phone calls and got fobbed off, eventually it was rectified but I had missed several calls that had been placed.

I also wanted the DD changed to the date my wages go in so it is easier for me to budget, they refused to do this, and told me I would pay a fiver more if I cancel my DD and pay via the web.

The 50meg broadband is barely above 30 meg, and the tv choice is pretty poor too.

When I ordered this package I never received a contract, and have never signed anything except for my initial DD form. my question is this, whilst I realise I have to pay for what I use, can the enforce the terms of their contract when I have not received or agreed to them in writing?

I would like to cancel and look for a provider with better customer service, and let VM know they stink.

I seems very dodgy to me for a company to claim a customer accepted the terms of contract he hasnt had sight of.

Any comments welcome

Unfortunately you are prob stuck with the DD date they decide, unless of course you want to pay extra.

I'm surprised the bropadband speed isnt upto scratch, I have the 10mb, and on test it always comes back as 9.5 or higher, in fact, we discuiseed this in my IT dept at work and everyone said they were more than happy with it. What did you use to run the speed test ?

You say the |TV choice is very 'poor', but what does this mean ?. Surely you had a look at the list of channels before you signed up ?.

I suspect that there is a minumum term such as 12 months before you can cancel and to be honest it doesnt really sound like you have any grounds too.

Maybe its just me, but my Virgin Broadband and Tv is one of the few utilities that I have never had to compalin about, I'm very happy with their service.

Andy

YOu do not have to sign a contract to be bound by it. When you join you are sent a booklet with the current terms, and told you have 14 days to cancel. If you don't then it's confirmed.

Like Andy, I have their 50Mb service and on average get 48 off peak, 32 peak, which is fine by me. Similarly, I get the XL Serviice with loads of inclusive On Demand stuff - so I can't fault them there.

As for your DD, it is locked into your billing date and is not flexible in any meeaningful way. The answer it to pay them early via Bank Giro, then the subsequent payments will still be on the same date, but the money restis in your account for longer.

Thanks for the replies,

But I am a little confused, so if you dont need to sign a contract to be bound by it, does that mean I can add my own set of terms and claim they too are so bound? it seems very dubious to try and enforce a contract that hasnt been signed.

As for the the current terms booklet I never got one of those either.

I just hate the way customer service treats you with this company, and feel very agitated they dont seem to be playing straight with the contracts and terms.

Not really. Did you sent them a list of terms you wished to be governed by? The do send out their terms in both letter and leaflet form. Even if overlooked, there welcome letter refers to yor right to cancel within 14 days, and a EEG link to the full terms too. You would have had to have sent notification of cancellation in order not to be bound by them. You will also be bound by their minimum term of service whichnis usually 12 months.

Their contracts are in plain English and not particularly burdensome when compared to others, so you might not get far saying that they're not playing fair. Also their CS is no longer handled on the sub continent, so the improvements are noticeable!