Excel parking services

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4606 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone had any recent problems with Excell Parking Services ?

Hi to everyone,

Firstly, I would like to thank anyone in advance who can help me with some advice. I’m acting on behalf of my father but I may be unavailable to reply for a couple of days but at least my father will hopefully have a few replies to read in my absence.

I'm just in the process of fighting a so called “parking fine” with Excel on behalf of my father who has recently had heart surgery and has walking difficulties.

He entered the car park that is controlled by Excel parking services and parked in a parking bay. He simply got distracted by conversation and walked to a local shop. He then realised his error that he had not purchased a parking ticket and immediately walked back to the car park and duly paid for 2 hours of parking time. He then innocently continued with his shopping trip safe in the knowledge that he had paid. A week or so later he was shocked as he received a parking fine of £60.00, rising too £100 if it remains unpaid.

I contacted Excel to explain that my father has had recent heart surgery and suffers mobility problems and explained that he had paid his parking fee Excel wrote back saying that my father had been on the car park for 88 minutes out of his 2 hour period which Excel agreed in a written letter. The “fine” was issued for paying his parking fee just SEVEN MINUTES LATE !!!.

Apparently they allow you 10 minutes “goodwill” time in which to pay and collect a ticket. My fathers ''crime'' was to pay just SEVEN MINUTES LATE of their 10 minute goodwill allowance.

At no time has Excel lost any parking fee revenue as the fee was paid 17 minutes after parking and for 2 hours of which 88 minutes were used for parking. I will be fighting this all the way to court, if it ever goes that far.

I've written several letters in reply to Excel’s correspondence on behalf of my Dad to save my father any worry and stress but Excel will not let the matter go. I wrote a further letter to them explaining of the worry they are causing my parents. In the letter last letter to them I said that I would hold them personally responsible if my father was made ill due to his poor health , I was polite but firm and said that the TV and newspapers would love to hear a story like this. Their response was to ignore me completely and write DIRECTLY to my father with their threats of debt collection and court proceedings.

I can only consider that this a very unpleasant scare tactic, but my Mother is getting very concerned by the fact that they will not give up and thinks my father must pay the “parking fine”. I cannot afford for either of my parents to have unnecessary stress as my Mother had a pacemaker fitted last year.

Obviously given my parent’s ages and the fact that my father has had recent heart surgery, I am in the process of writing to them again giving clear instructions that ALL further correspondence must go through me.

Has anyone else had problems with Excel and please can you tell me where we legally stand.

Just to clarify, my father was photographed entering the car park. He then simply got distracted before going to pay and get his ticket which was 17 minutes after entering the car park. He then went innocently went about completing his shopping trip with my mother before returning to his car. He was photographed again leaving the car park 88 minutes after entering.

Excel have lost no parking fee revenue as my father had paid for 120 minutes, he used only 88 minutes of his parking allowance. At no time did his car leave the car park so this isn’t a case of not paying it is an argument that my Dad paid 17 minutes after entering the car park, his crime is that Excel give a 10 minutes allowance to buy a ticket. My Dad paid for his ticket 7 minutes later which means they are trying to charge him a colossal £8.57 for every minute that he was late paying. Talk about legalised highway robbery.

Look forward to hearing your advice.

All the best,

Nick.

No need to fight, just ignore.

You've done far too much already. They're running a [problem]. They just send out threatening garbage and wait for people to send the cheques in.

Everybody knows Excel well and everyone knows to let them swivel.

The charge is unenforceable. All you have is an invoice which you should disregard. They'll give up after 5 or 6 bits of junkmail.

Hi there. Relax and have a read around this forum regarding Excell. What you have is an unenforecable invoice and not a fine. Its just a mail based [problem] so feel safe to ignore. The photographic evidence is irrelevant also so dont worry about that. Be prepared for another 3-4 threatograms from Excel's DCAlink3.gif and 'Solicitor' (man on the next desk :wink:)- they will disappear after that :grin:

They will ignore all your letters unless they contain a cheque, they will especially ignore instructions like, 'all communication through me' etc. Don't waste your time. Tell your parents to pass their unopened junk mail to you and then you can ignore them on their behalf.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Thank you to all those who have replied, I will collect their future letters that they send to my Dad and ignore everything from now on. From what I see they are nothing more than a bunch of crooks, how the hell they can prey on vulnerable people is beyond me.

Thanks again,

Nick

Thanks again to all those who have offered valuable advice. With your help my parents have agreed that this company is just using bully boy tactics in an attempt to gain payment. They have agreed to ignore all future letters from this company.

I will keep the forum updated as to what future threats are received from Excel so that our experience can hopefully help others in a similar situation.

Thanks again. All the best,

Nick

Ive also got a parking fine from these cowboys, im not paying anything end of...

However if you just send the letters back unopened they cant do anything if youve not read it right?.... Just put on the letter wrong address or something to fu(k them up!!! HAHAHA:D

Ive also got a parking fine from these cowboys, im not paying anything end of...

However if you just send the letters back unopened they cant do anything if youve not read it right?.... Just put on the letter wrong address or something to fu(k them up!!! HAHAHA:D

Please don't dignify this demand by calling it a "fine". It's not, it's an unenforceable invoice.

• 1 year later...

Hello,

i've been ignorong the letters since I received a parking charge from them in december 2010, today a lady from Graham & White solicitors rang me today? She caught me off guard, wanted to come to an agreement with them, I told her to take me to court then, and put the phone down.

Has anyone else ever received a call from them?

Hello,

i've been ignorong the letters since I received a parking charge from them in december 2010,

Excellent.

today a lady

???????????:-o:-o:-o

from Graham & White solicitors

It's actually Graham White Solicitors, but in reality the moron on the next desk, Graham White is this forums pet joke.

rang me today? She caught me off guard, wanted to come to an agreement with them, I told her to take me to court then, and put the phone down.

Well done even though caught off guard responded excellently.

Has anyone else ever received a call from them?

Loads have, it's nothing special.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.