Bigyeti vs Halifax Credit Card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5033 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They refunded my charges back in Jun 2008. However, I've just been looking at the Compound Interest spreadsheet. I notice it says it is for bank charges, but surely the same sums apply to credit cards? I reclaimed the charges themselves, but I wasn't aware I could claim back the contractual interest also.

So, I entered the charges between 2003 and when the account was paid off five years later and it comes to about £360 which is better in my pocket than theirs.

Can I actually use this spreadhsheet and the figures it calculates? Also, will the claim be using S.5 of the UTTCR rather than S.6 or did that only apply to banks?

Hi bigyeti

Theres a Credit Card Advanced version, Excel thats the one you want.

You need to send them a letter with your spreadsheet, the UTTCR applies to banks.

To get interest out of the Hailfax isn't easy, but considering the amount, it shouldn't be too difficult.

You might have to lodge a claim with small claims court, but see what they say first.

Edited by rebel11

Hi Sorry to hijack but have looked everywhere for place to start own thread!

My issue is with Halifax CCards and very short of time to sort it out.

I booked a ticket online to fly this Saturday, i entered my work postcode instead of my home one! So the transaction never went through on the website , however Halifax say the money has gone to pending and waiting for the travel company to take it, who aren't going to as they have voided it. Yet the money has not gone back on to the credit card and Halifax say they need a fax from the travel companies bank to take amount off pending and put back on credit card so i can buy a flight for this Sat. If no fax is sent then it will take 7days to just "fall away"

Is there anything i can do? I have requested Halifax to charge it back immediately and they have said no. I have asked how the money was presented to the flight company if the address was invalid, of which i was meet with silence.

Basically i have some serious life changing meetings to attend to and if i don't make this flight i wanna sue someone for this, i think both are at fault(yes i know i shouldn't have put the wrong pcode in ) but all the travel company had to do was take the corrected details over the phone!