help urgently needed solicitor action over ccj never known about

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3999 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi,

i really need help! ive been sent a letter by a solicitor saying they are acting on behalf of a finance company - i gather theyre one of the same. anyway they say ive had a ccj and i havent been keeping up with repayments. and now threaten bailiffs and need £250 immediately then payments of £125 a month until the debt is cleared - the total owing is only 315.

firstly, i have not had a ccj or any letters from this finance company - i moved addresses so im gathering it was sent there. im on state benefit and cannot pay what they ask for at all! i have other debtors who ive managed to secure repayment deals with, and these solicitors i would only be able to pay £1 a month.

what do i say? can i get a court order repayment changed? ( i dont even know what the repayments were!)

If you can prove that you had moved when the claim was issued then you would get it set aside - Removal of CCJ's - Step by step guide to the process

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

i moved addresses ages ago before i defaulted... the last balance on it was only about £180. looks like theyve found me at my new address.

what do i do? i write letters to companies, i dont phone them as i hate the way im spoken to and also ive got proof of what ive said.

Firstly before agreeing anything with this DCA, you need the CCJ/Court Claim number. Once you have this, contact the court to confirm that a CCJ has been issued against you & at which address.

It is not uncommon for DCA's to lie about the existence of a CCJ.

Once you have the claim number, and it was granted (Undefended) to the wrong address. You can apply to have the CCJ set a side. File an N244, as you are on benefits, you are exempt from any charges.

Good luck

Debs