twofoot

Email address for CRAPQUEST anyone?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3680 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

These muppets are chasing a SB debt and still write. Has anyone got an email address I can use you bombard them with junk. They send letters in response to mine but completely ignore what I'm telling them so they want to act thick I'll do the same.

Can't find one anywhere, just call them anon and ask for one;)

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

Ain't gonna bother phoning them on a premium number. I just want to wind them up like they do to me but I'll do more of it and email don't cost anything.

Another option is to write and forget to put a stamp on the envelope. They'll pay to receive the letter in the forlorn hope that it contains a payment.

Twofoot, you MUST send this letter by recorded delivery and I urge you to report them to the OFT.... this is the 3rd case this week where despite having sent previous correspondence with regards to statute barred limitation, it seems the debt is STILL being pursued..one cagger this week had a visit from trading standards too. Sending via email means they can deny receiving it, (they could say it arrived in their spam filter !!) If you have solid proof such as a recorded delivery slip then there can be no doubt...

letter before actionlink3.gif

(date)

Dear Sir / Madam

For the purposes of clarity and the avoidance of doubt, please take careful note of the following :

1. This letter is sent to you to avoid any “miscommunication” and to give an unequivocal statement of intent.

2. This letter does not acknowledge any debt owed to you or your affiliates, agents, owners or otherwise.

3. I understand this debt was last acknowledged over 6 years ago and falls within the remit of s.5 of the Limitation Act 1980 (which, in case you need reminding, states that an action founded on simple contract shall not be brought after 6 years from the date on which the cause of action occurred).

4. I wrote to your company on (XXXXX) explaining that I had no wish to pay towards a debt that was barred by the Statute Of Limitations Act 1980, this was sent recorded delivery and signed for by your company on (XXXXX)

5. I am now of the view that your actions are of pure harrassment and against the Office Of Fair Trading's guidelines on debt collectionlink3.giflink3.gif and also in breach of CPUTR 2008.

6. The same guidance states it is unfair to pursue a payment after a debtor has already stated they will not be paying due to it being statute barredlink3.giflink3.gif. I am informing you once again,that even if the debt were mine, I would not pay it.

7. I am sure you are aware of the provisions of the Protection from Harrassment Act, which makes it an offence to harass a person with a demand for payment, or concerting with others to do the same. Whilst the Act provides relief, it is available only where it is permissible in law to take the offending action (which, as pointed out, it is not lawful as it is statute barred), as well as that action being reasonable.

8. I also note that your company and HL Legal claim to have sent me a statutory demand, I have NOT received any such demand I will be forwarding all my correspondence to the Office Of Fair Trading, my local MP and I'm sure I have no need to remind you of the recent actions by the Office Of Fair Trading against McKenzie Hall and 1st creditlink3.gif in light of statute barred debt and statutory demands. Your actions are in clear breach of guidelines.

I presume that you can put all the above together, but to avoid doubt please be advised of the following should you pursue this matter.

9 You have stated that they would send a debt collector to my address. I refer again to the OFT guidance on this matter, specifically at paragraph 2.12d (entering a property when not invited), 2.12e (failure to leave a property when asked to do so) and 2.12f (visiting or threatening to visit without prior permission when the debt is disputed).

10. Furthermore, you are reminded as to the common law provision which allows presumed consent of visiting without prior agreement (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 QB 396). As such, I am notifying you that I do not give consent to you or your agents etc or employees entering my property.

For the avoidance of doubt, I do not wish for any person acting in any manner relating to this debt to visit my property nor do I wish to make any appointment. Any person who visits my property in relation to this alleged debt shall be immediately evicted, using whatever force is reasonable and necessary, and I shall have no hesitation in gaining the presence and/or assistance of the police to do so. Furthermore, damages shall be sought under the tort of trespass.

Any further communication requesting or demanding any sums of money or other property or chattel to be paid in relation to this alleged debt shall be deemed to constitute harassment and I will have no hesitation in seeking the intervention of the courts. Be aware that any action shall also include costs.

I trust the above is perfectly clear and I now expect you to forward me your official complaints procedures within 7 days together with a personal apology from your Managing Director in light of the upset this has caused me and my family. No more notice will be given with regard to the issue of a court claim, Failure to do so will result in me filing complaints with the Offfice Of Fair Trading, The Financial Ombudsmanlink3.giflink3.gif Service, Trading Standards, my local MP.

I hope this letter makes my position COMPLETELY clear

Yours faithfully

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

OK 42man I'll do as you suggest and send your letter recorded as well as reporting them if they come back after getting it.