Ex JBW and Philips bailiff makes an FOI request to Westminster about bailiff fees and ANPR operations!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4696 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He already has, earlier in the thread.

As a general rule, no-one should post comments that could be interpreted as threatening or libellous. To do so could leave both CAG and the individual poster open to legal action.

I am now totally confused as I have either missed something or I am totally losing the plot, as so far I havnt seen a threatening comment or libelous remarks, just the general chat that goes with bailiffs to do's.. hence why I asked for an elaboration.

Remember all. Forums are public knowledge & we all have responsibilities to the comments we post. Whilst the internet allows certain freedom, it is accountable to the law and any litigation that follows. If in doubt, I refer you to recent Face Book posts! Think before you post eh?

Face book posts!!??? :confused: Ive missed something else havnt I..

Send a FORMAL COMPLAINT stating you have not received a response yet cc Chief Exec

If there is no response then I would suggest writing to the FOI Department one more time to say that as they have not responded within the statutory time limit that you will allow them a further 7 days from the date of your letter and that if no response by that time that you will be making a Formal Complaint to the Information Commissioners Officer without any further reference to them.

If you need the contact details please do post back.

I know many good and many bad bailiffs. One bad apple spoils the bunch. I have heard some of the horror stories, and seen the injuries caused, by people who do not like bailiffs. I have also seen the other side - ruthless and bullying. No doubt if the 'bottom hadn't fallen out of the market' and money was still to be made, you, Mr. Hillier, would still be out there, pulling the cars over, putting your foot in the door, overcharging, etc. You've moved on because there's no money to be made so now you're annoyed and want to be the good guy!

I know many good and many bad bailiffs. One bad apple spoils the bunch. I have heard some of the horror stories, and seen the injuries caused, by people who do not like bailiffs. I have also seen the other side - ruthless and bullying. No doubt if the 'bottom hadn't fallen out of the market' and money was still to be made, you, Mr. Hillier, would still be out there, pulling the cars over, putting your foot in the door, overcharging, etc. You've moved on because there's no money to be made so now you're annoyed and want to be the good guy!

Thanks LittleOldLady for your kind words and I respect your opinions. Take care.

Takes more than 1 bad apple to spoil the bailiff reputation. People wouldnt hate bailiffs if they did their job properly and followed the guidelines set out.

Just because people do not like bailiffs is does not give the right for a bailiff to bully and and inflict injuries. These people are meant to be professionals, its about time they started to act in the manner they were trained for and not act like legalised robbers.

Takes more than 1 bad apple to spoil the bailiff reputation. People wouldnt hate bailiffs if they did their job properly and followed the guidelines set out.

Just because people do not like bailiffs is does not give the right for a bailiff to bully and and inflict injuries. These people are meant to be professionals, its about time they started to act in the manner they were trained for and not act like legalised robbers.

I think you misread my post - I have seen injuries that people have caused to bailiffs - the 'customers' have attacked bailiffs! I am on the fence with this one completely. If people paid their charges.....If bailiffs weren't so overpriced..... I can swing both ways - like I said, I have seen the good, the bad and the ugly