vehicle not sorned for 4 years please help

mc_tunez
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4959 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all i am in desperate need for hlp with this issue, i have not sorned my classic fiesta for 4 years, i did however sorn it when i first bought it back in 2005. (yep stupid me but i didnt know until today that i had to do it every year, I have not heard anything from dvla with regards to fines/court action, im now scared that if i sorn it online i will receive a massive fine and have to pay the tax back for the last 5 years.

the car has been on my drive since the day i bought it, its actually on bricks with no interior and the engine is in bits.

i can take pics to prove its in bits and even get statements from neibours to prove its not moved.

please please help me, i asked a traffic officer but they didnt know the ruling around this but said to start gathering info i.e pics and statements to prove its been unroadworthy all this time.

look forward to your assistance

ops you forgot to say its been scrapped?

5 guests blimey they're up late.......

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Why not send a short letter, saying you've spotted online it is not showing as SORN? Add that the car has still not been restored so will they please ensure the vehicle retains it's SORN status until the restoration is complete?

First thing to do is take off the number plates and cover up the VIN if it is visible from the outside. This prevents NCP or other robbers from Identifying the car and if they cannot identify it they cannot remove it. Then set about sorting out the mess.

the car has been on my drive since the day i bought it, its actually on bricks with no interior and the engine is in bits.

Many years ago, in an earlier life, I recall someone being prosecuted for being in charge of a motor vehicle. It was a moped he had been pedaling and the engine was inoperative - parts missing. He successfully got off as the Magistrates said without a working engine it was not a motor vehicle.

I know the Law is a bad looser and adapts to losing by changing the rules, but I wonder if there is any relevance here.

tbh i would be inclined to just sorn it online as of now and to keep it up, if they realise there has been a gap deal with it then but for now i wouldnt worry as the dvla are so useless it could go either way

• 2 months later...

Well Well thanks for all your input, here is the situation, i sent an email to dvla asking them what they want me to do!!!! i explained that i havent taxed or sorned in 4 years and they said i needed to write a letter to preston enforcment officer in preston lol.

In my letter i said first of all accept my apologies and explained that i havent sorned in 4 years but could prove the vehicle has been basically on bricks since i sorned it 4 years ago, i was thinking oh my god they are gonna come down heavy on me, BUT and its a fantastic BUT, they sent me a letter back stating there will be no fines or any action against me, just send in a sorn form at the earliest convienience lol woo hoo, just thought i would let you all know.

its not showing sorn yet but it was about 4 days ago i sent the letter off

Year of Manufacture 1982

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1598CC

CO2 Emissions Not Available

Fuel Type Petrol

Export Marker Not Applicable

Vehicle Status Unlicensed

Vehicle Colour BLUE

Vehicle Type Approval

Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle

6 Months Rate £112.75

12 Months Rate £205.00

well the officer sent me a form to sign and send off, so i had to do it there way to ensure its all above board, if i don't hear from them soon i will be making a few more enquiries with the preston office.

will keep you all informed seen as though you have all been very helpful.