Xreg Domains - Help Needed, Where Do I Stand?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5374 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm having a problem with Xreg.co.uk

I bought over £100 of domains from them. When I sold a website, I had to transfer ownership of one domain to someone else. The transfer failed, and it said to contact xreg. There was never any reply to my e-mails. It seems that no one is operating the site, it relies of being totally automated.

I spoke to Nominet who gave me a number. Xreg are owned by Covria, and the number was answered by Site Masters. They conveniently said the person I needed was in a meeting, they have taken my details but never called me back. Very shifty!

Where do I stand in the law with this. Using the website, I can manage the domains, but I have no customer support. The help button on the site does not work, have I been mis sold the domains, can I claim the money back, because without the support the domains are worthless.

If you do a WHOIS search do the domain names actually show up as reg'd to you?

If not you can use nominets dispute resolution service

If not check out the change agent

Change Agent

All the domains are registered to me, but after attempting a transfer 3 have gone missing. They are reg to me but not in my account, hence I can't change details etc.

Nominet said that they could change the agent and transfer alln the domains to someone else, would cost £35 for the lot. I don't want to pay this as it is xreg's fauult, but they do not respond to letter/e-mails.

what can I do about Coveria (X reg). Can I complain to companies house? I have spoken to Trading Standards as they said they can't help.