zaradog

Marstons/ Clamping....advice please.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3684 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, newbie here and advice needed please. My good friend recieved a car park ticket whilst parking in Morrisons a few months ago, for parking 20 minutes over the 2 hours allowed. She consequently recieved letters saying action would be taken if she did not pay the fine. Because of her financial situation, she ignored the letters until yesterday. She got up, came down stairs and found a letter pushed through her door saying she had been clamped. She went outside to find out she had indeed been clamped by Marstons. She rang a number on the letter and was told by a guy she had to pay £300 to get her car unclamped. Panicking, as she had to pick her elderly mum up, she paid via a friend of hers, the guy came and collected the money half an hour later. My question is, does she have any recourse and can she get any of her money back, which she finds extortianate.

Thanks in advance

Zaradog

Was this a private parking ticket or Council/Poilice ticket?

Hi Havinastella, it was a private carpark (Morrisons)

Sorry i misread. No not a police/council ticket, just a guy in a uniform who patrols the car park putting tickets on those that overstay/ dont display

All private parking tickets are worthless pieces of paper.If your friends car was parked on her driveway then she can sue Marstons for tresspass.Firstly on her private property, and secondly on her car which is also private property.Never pay cash to a clamper.I have never been clamped but should i ever fall foul of these [problematic] they will have a nice suprise.................I have a 380 watt inverter and an angle grinder in my car at all times.

is there a small claims loss by default at the back of this ?

NewMoses, i have mentioned to her that she might have a case for trespass as the car was on her own driveway.

Iamma, small claims in what way?

Do you know which private parking company looks after the parking at this particular Morrison's store? I imagine that Marstons are acting on their behalf.

Yes DBC its Euro Car Parks

All private parking tickets are worthless pieces of paper.If your friends car was parked on her driveway then she can sue Marstons for tresspass.Firstly on her private property, and secondly on her car which is also private property.Never pay cash to a clamper.I have never been clamped but should i ever fall foul of these [problematic] they will have a nice suprise.................I have a 380 watt inverter and an angle grinder in my car at all times.

you find an angle grinder that works on 380w and cuts through anything bar a polystyrene tile and i'll eat me hat........

seriously, marstons........for a private parking ticket..never ever heard of that..and its never been to court either.

i bet its either them upto their usual fleecing tricks...or its a council ticket not one she got in morrisons,

some thing is not right with the story here, you cant be clamped for a private parking ticket outside of that carpark

i know morris are a bunch of fleecers and illegal fee [problematic] but they wouldn't be THAT stupid surely?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

we need to see the ignored paperwork.

If it had gone as far as the bailiffs, that means in effect that there was a court case so court summons would have been issued. Are you sure it was a ticket for Morrisons. Can it be posted up as this does look to be most unusual as you never ignore a court summons?

Maybe if we look at the paperwork especially the summons with all personal details removed we can help with getting it set aside and for her to reclaim her money.

lamma, i will see if she has all original paperwork and get it scanned up on here. It was definitely private and not police/council ticket though.

Out of all the 'unique' situations that get posted on here, this one sounds like it might be.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Okay thanks Surfer.