style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3686 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

what is the length that a vehicle/motorbike can be in the pound before it is sold on or scrapped?

what is the length that a vehicle/motorbike can be in the pound before it is sold on or scrapped?

I think each area is different, and also depends if the vehicle has finance on it, who owns the vehicle eg private or company or rental/hire purchase and the reason it is there, eg no insurance/accident/disqualified driver etc

If you phone the company that have it, they should be quite specific. Also any documentation, perhaps from the police, should help.

Any advice I give, is given with the best intention of helping. I am not legally trained, so it is probably best to just ignore me;)

You could always apply for an injunction to prevent the vehicle being sold on until such time as you can sort out whatever issues there are surrounding it.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.” - Ghandi

"You must have the resources to deal with the judicial intervention - the confidence not to be overawed, the resilience to respond, the tenacity to challenge, the tact to mollify, the authority to inform and persuade."

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.

<-- If I have helped in any way please click my star!! ;)

Oh and I am a lady!! :)

is 28 days ok for a privately owned car that has been in the pound for no insurance?