Riser/Recliner and mobility ramp required

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5005 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks looplil. I used to belong to Worcester Freecycle until it changed to Greencycle. Now it is a waste of time trying to advertise anything on there so we just take stuff to the dump.

Let me know how you get on. Thanks again.

Be careful buying scooters/wheelchairs on ebay. They do need servicing, unlike a ramp, and are more likely to go wrong than other things.

The seller of my scooter expected me to drive three hours to deliver it to him, drive home, then repeat a few days later to pick up, to get the repairs under the guarantee. (Of course I can take my spare scooter as well, as I would need to use that for loo breaks etc... shame that I can't fit two in a car). I am now having to take him to court as I have a very expensive paperweight that the local guy has told me is too dangerous to fix and must go back to the manufacturer.

So yes, buy things that don't need maintenance and are not likely to go wrong - but before buying a scooter/wheelchair check exactly what aftersales support there is, and don't believe vague promises, unless there is a specific, named company who picks up/fixes - don't touch it.

Be careful buying scooters/wheelchairs on ebay. They do need servicing, unlike a ramp, and are more likely to go wrong than other things.

The seller of my scooter expected me to drive three hours to deliver it to him, drive home, then repeat a few days later to pick up, to get the repairs under the guarantee. (Of course I can take my spare scooter as well, as I would need to use that for loo breaks etc... shame that I can't fit two in a car). I am now having to take him to court as I have a very expensive paperweight that the local guy has told me is too dangerous to fix and must go back to the manufacturer.

So yes, buy things that don't need maintenance and are not likely to go wrong - but before buying a scooter/wheelchair check exactly what aftersales support there is, and don't believe vague promises, unless there is a specific, named company who picks up/fixes - don't touch it.

Good advice, but I do not need another scooter at present. I am not sure what could be so dangerous on a scooter that cannot be fixed. I would guess that the same advice would apply to a riser / recliner.

The RAF are buying my father a new riser / recliner so I may be able to get his old one. Although it is only a recliner, better than nothing. Found some ramps on eBay for over £100 less than what the mobility shop wanted for them. Just waiting for some money to come in and I can purchase them at £129.99 instead of £249.99.

Hi Surfer, Hope this all goes through for your dad then you can have his old chair.Im being cheeky now in asking if your first name is Chris?Got a feeling you know my two sons who i think you may have worked along side at sometime.Chris/Mike

not a bright spark ( champions ) :rolleyes:

soz surfer, from another electronics engineer :-)

sometimes the Local council's social services have a list of disabilitys aids needing a new home

Kip

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html