Natwest Overdraft

Spinned

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4217 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am overdrawn with Natwest by £427.53, my arranged overdraft limit is £275.

They applied "Guaranteed Card Payment Fees" charges for three items totalling £134.28 at £45.00 which is coming out this month.

Also on the account is a charge called "Maintainance Fees" at £20.00 which is also coming out this month (and also did last month).

I am quite scared that this amount is going to add up over time and become unmanageable, I have spoken to my branch who said to me (more or less) "You need to pay this NOW or suffer our almighty wrath!!!" which wasn't too helpful.

I have switched my main income to another bank account (Barclays) so it's pretty much just sitting there at £427.53 gaining charges and what have you.

What is the best course of action to take with the bank? I'm really quite worried about this, i hope it is in the correct forum. Thank you.

You were right in opening a parachute account with barclays.

Challenge these charges, they are unfair.

Did you agree in writing to "guaranteed card payment". If not, tell them to remove the charges.

As for the "Maintainence Fees". Again, write & demand that they explain what this fee is for & ask them to justify the charge.

Don't speak to your branch, . From now on all correspondence must be done in writing, and sent to head office. Send everything recorded & dispute the charges. You can still challenge these charges as "Unfair".

Debs