Lowell Re statute barred

pavidus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4998 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent a statute barred letter to Lowell re v old ikea account. They have written back stating that there was an attempted payment date. Surely this does not constitute evidence and if I am correct in believing so what should I write back to them in response?

Oh dear, here we go again with the ficticious "attempted payment"

I would ignore them for now but if they persevere, write back demanding when, where and by what means was this attempted payment made.

They won't respond to that :)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thankyou, I will do that. They have said that they are looking forward to my proposals for repayment. I will allow them to wait in eager anticipation for now then.

I did go to citizens advice for help around the time of the "attempted payment". Really rather hoping that they didnt stick their foot in it for me. The person I saw was very much into sending £1 offer letters!

I would write to them asking (demanding) a full explanation of the Attempted

Payment.

If you did not send it yourself or have no knowledge of the ''Alleged'' payment tell them to prove it in your opinion the debt is Stat BARRED AND REMAINS IN DISPUTE. HOW CLOSE TO THE STAT BARRED DATE IS THE ALLEGED ATTEMPT TO PAY?

• 4 weeks later...

Hamptons Legal. Just another desk along from the Leeds Losers (along with Red debt)

You have informed them that this debt is SB and if it came to court (unlikely) that would be your defence.

Time to send the letter asking them when, where and by what means this attempted payment was allegedly made.

Also report them to Trading Standards

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I did go to citizens advice for help around the time of the "attempted payment". Really rather hoping that they didnt stick their foot in it for me. The person I saw was very much into sending £1 offer letters!

In my opinion, while organisations such as the CAB and CCCS and National debtline are a godsend and should really be commended for the work they do, I am not sure whether it is writtien in their guidelines or if it as an ethical or moral thing, but I have never heard of them using the CCA or Stat barred route. I think the advice they give is geared to paying off the debt no matter how long it takes.

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

I have just checked a copy of my credit report from 2009. The debt that lowells are pursuing me for is listed as "settled", date of settlement 2003! There are no other entries regarding this "debt" other than to say it was settled in 2003. Where have they got this debt from? according to Experian it does not exist.