style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3680 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hello i have an old credit card debt with barclaycard at present but i would like to know if i can get it written off as it was originally taken out with goldfish and it was with lloyds bank and then it was with goldfish bank and now it is with barclaycard

i do not have any agreement at present with barclaycard as the debt has been transferred so many time, can i get this written off and how do i do this what is the procedre

if anyone can help it would be a great help as the debt is £6000 at present

Have moved your post to the General Debt Forum where it will be seen by more users :)

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.

thanks\

Theres no such thing as writing off a debt unfortunately.

It is either enforceable or not, and even if it is not legally enforceable they will still harass you for money, just that they can't take any legal/court action to recover the debt.

If your looking at questioning the enforceability of the debt then you can ask Sharklaycard for the agreement known as the CCA (consumer credit agreement)

You can do this by sending them a CCA request enclosing the statutory fee of £1 (postal order marked 'Stat fee for CCA request Only') and send it via recorded delivery so you know when they have received it, once they have received it, they have 12 working days in which to send you the agreement, when/if they do scan it and post it up on here so others can have a look and advise as to it's enforceability.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!