hd tv 7 days out of warrenty what are my rights?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5039 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I brought a HD tv from a known second hand store which is nationwide across the country. (trying not to name names)

I paid £250 for it, today i turned it on and it has got a fault with lines running from top of screen to bottom.

Found my reciept, telephoned store they told me because the warrenty was for 2 months only they do not have to do anything..

The warrenty is 7 days out of date.

Is this correct?????? i know it was second hand before i brought it but you expect it to last longer than 2 months...

Any advice would be helpfull

thanks

I am not 100% on this but under Sale of Goods Act it states that it is expected the goods will last a reasonable amoujnt of time depending on how much you paid for them. So in this case I would say 6 - 12 months is an assumption on how long the goods would last in realtion to the price paid.

Your best bet would be to contact "Consumer Direct" or your nearest CAB for advice as the supplier is a trade and you have more protection.

Because the goods were not new, your warranty would be different to that offered to the original purchaser. Providing the duration of the warranty was notified to you in some way - on the receipt or a visible notice, then that becomes the terms of your contract.

I'm assuming your experience is with Cash Converters. They are very clear in that they offer a full retail warranty on new products, by on pre-owned stuff, the minimal warranty is simply to ensure you have the goods in good working order. If it happens to go bust after their warranty has expired, you really do have no rights... which is one of the reasons why the prices they offer (sans warranty) are not a good deal.

Still may be worth contacting Consumer direct even if it is only to confirm what Buzby has written. Probably find the original owner was having the same problem and traded it for cash.

If you have no joy go to AVForums.com Home and make inquiries on that site about the fault on the TV as they may be able to advise better. On an old style analog TV the problem would be ralatively easy toi locate but on these new ones, no idea.