Jump to content


3rd party's car insurers (Swiftcover) disputing independent valuation


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4200 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

 

Please click the "Report " link

 

at the bottom of one of the posts.

 

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

 

Thanks

Recommended Posts

Hello all,

 

A few weeks back my car was rear-ended while I was stationary in a line of traffic. The other party accepted full liability without hesitation.

 

My car was deemed a category 'D' write-off and initially valued at a figure I deemed unacceptably low.

 

The valuation came in on a Friday afternoon and by midday Monday I had been in contact with the assessing engineer. I sent him several adverts for cars genuinely comparable to my own in terms of age, mileage, etc and he revised the valuation.

 

Last Friday I received a cheque for the lesser amount from the third party's insurers - Swiftcover. I immediately queried this with my inurer's claims handlers. The feeling was that somehow the original report with the lesser valuation must have been sent to Swiftcover - an error.

 

This week it transpires that Swiftcover are actually disputing the independent assessor's valuation. The basis of their argument is their own Glass's guide valuation and that they would have placed a higher salvage value on my car. In essence they are saying 'We think it is worth this much and are paying no more'.

 

My insurer's claims handlers will pursue them and at this stage are obtaining evidence from the assessing engineer.

 

Have any of you ever come across a case like this? It strikes me as outrageously cheeky!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Happens all the time. Not unique to Swiftcover.

 

Just keep going and eventually there will be a compromise.

 

My experience of write off settlements, is that you don't get the value you are looking for until you have been back a couple of times. They will at some point dig their heels in and then you will have to decide whether it is worth still pursuing.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

 

 Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

 

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the reply. Love the username, by the way. (Tobermory sends his regards!)

 

To be honest, I'm not keen on compromise. They didn't inspect the car and have had ample time to voice concerns over the valuation. They never did so. It took me querying the figure on the cheque to bring any of this to light.

 

I am told they would not be able to do this if they were members of the ABI - which they are not.

 

I'm hoping they're just trying it on, as the saying goes.

Edited by kraygerson
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

 

The matter is currently being pursued by the claim management company I have dealt with from the off; Broker Assistance.

 

I will be chasing them up this week and will post updates as soon as there is news.

 

Good luck with yours - these insurance companies take the proverbial.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...