Urgent Urgent Not Been Paid For 3 Weeks

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5034 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Need some urgent advice.

My nephew who is a student, started working for a new company, got paid on the first week and has not been paid for 3 weeks.

Between him and another guy they look after the store. They sell furniture. They would take orders and the company would deliver and collect payment.

They have taken several orders and none have been delivered.

Over the past 3 weeks they have been promised wages but not been paid. The guys who hired them has not been seen for 2 weeks, will not answer or return calls.

I suspect the company will do a runner. out of three contact numbers they were given 2 have been disconnected.

What options do my nephew have.

Do you know the trading title of the business?

How are payments for goods made and to whom ?

You may be able to trace/ contact by sending or taking a letter addressed to them in to their bank and ask for it to be posted to them.

Also where does the stock come from are their suppliers delivery notes/invoices on premises.

is it a sole trader/partnership/Ltd. Co.?

All this may help in tracing the owners.

The centre manager should have a contact address on file.

Do you know the trading title of the business?

I have now got the home address of the owner

How are payments for goods made and to whom ?

Don't know

You may be able to trace/ contact by sending or taking a letter addressed to them in to their bank and ask for it to be posted to them.

Also where does the stock come from are their suppliers delivery notes/invoices on premises.

There is nothing in the shop, no stationary, no phone in the shop, just a blank order pad to take customer name and number for deliveries.

Edited by humbleman

This definitley seems like a [problem],personally I would first try a recorded delivery

letter to the home address, and inform the police that you are suspicious of the

way the business is conducted, you could also contact trading standards, with this I would try to contact them direct and not through Consumer Direct as it takes a while to get through if at all.

How did he find the job? If it was through job centre plus they must be told.

this must be reported to the police and trading standards asap apart from your nephews problem members of the public could be paying for goods they will never see.

The only other method is a personal call at the owners address but great care

would be needed take witnesses.

dropped his CV

this must be reported to the police and trading standards asap apart from your nephews problem members of the public could be paying for goods they will never see.

Fortunately the customers would pay cash on delivery

The only other method is a personal call at the owners address but great care would be needed take witnesses.

He lives about 50 miles away

dropped his CV

Fortunately the customers would pay cash on delivery

The only other method is a personal call at the owners address but great care would be needed take witnesses.

He lives about 50 miles away

You aren't giving us much to work on here!! A 50 mile trip for £600 doesn't seem extreme.

If you want to deal with issue, you will have to take some action, not sit back and wait for it all to fall into place. I would suggest a letter before action (LBA), sent recorded delivery to the home address giving him notice that if payment is not received, county court action will be taken.

CB500

Any advise that is given, is from my experience, either in life in general or from my years of senior management in the hospitality and leisure industries. However, please take legal advise before taking any actions.

You aren't giving us much to work on here!! A 50 mile trip for £600 doesn't seem extreme.

If you want to deal with issue, you will have to take some action, not sit back and wait for it all to fall into place. I would suggest a letter before action (LBA), sent recorded delivery to the home address giving him notice that if payment is not received, county court action will be taken.

CB500

How do you know I am sitting back and doing nothing.

I know all about LBA and court action , look at the date I joined, so if you haven't got anything constructive KEEP OFF

I am not getting into a slagging match with anyone on here, I have received and hopefully given good advice.

Your answers to questions asked have been short and generally negative and give the other CAGGERS very little to work with. However I will leave you to it, as you clearly know best.

Any advise that is given, is from my experience, either in life in general or from my years of senior management in the hospitality and leisure industries. However, please take legal advise before taking any actions.

The delivery is supposed to be organised by the HO, but none has been done so far.

This was supposed to be a company with a factory in China, head office in Birmingham, branches all over etc.

Having done some research, it's like a one man band operating from home and somehow managed to get a pitch in shopping mall.