Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Your attachment was viewable in your first post.   Does the issue you mention with the wallpaper/slight stain really constitute a breach ?  Is it significant enough ?   The wallpaper was probably applied before the wall was properly dry.  But the other possibility, is that the tenants did not open windows regularly to ventilate the room.  It is important for windows to be opened or put into a vent position on a regular basis, to ensure that moisture is allowed out.   If the tenant had clothes drying in the house, with baths/showers being used etc, this may have helped cause the wallpaper peeling  and the damp stain.   Today has been a lovely Summer day in many parts of the UK, so the tenants may not be as quick to respond.  Same issue with replies to this site, so you might get other responses later.   The tenant is unlikely to try to pursue you for the matress or health issue they say is caused by a damp issue.  Unlikely to have sufficient evidence and their own actions may be the cause.   They are most likely deciding whether to complete work in the garden or not.   You are within your rights to hold onto the deposit for now, until the reasonable request to return property to pre let condition is completed.    
    • Oh Yorky, I'm so sorry you're still having trouble with your dad's hospital.   I can't believe they are still being so awkward, I sometimes think they (companies in general, not just hospitals) forget that we put ourselves through this stress and worry not because we want to, or even because we have to, but because we want what's best for our loved ones.   Their advice for you to deliver the form in person is at odds with the advice on their own website stating that visits have been suspended due to Covid. I mean, I would understand if someone wanted you to drop off clothes for your dad, but a piece of paper? Which could end up anywhere? That's... crazy.   I don't know if the following link is worth a try or whether you've been down this road, but the hospital website has details of all the consultants Consultants | North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust WWW.NTH.NHS.UK If you want to find out details of our hospital consultants and contact information you can search for them in our A-Z. obviously you'll know your dad's consultant name, but the phone numbers on there, are they ward ones that you've tried before or do they look different?   That said, even if you are more successful with that, definitely still get PALS and as much senior management on board as you can with a formal complaint. You shouldn't have to go to such lengths to get hold of the right people and for the right information, especially at such a stressful time.   You point out that you remember you're doing this for your brother and your dad, which is the best approach. I'm sure they, in their own way, know that you are pushing yourself and pushing the hospital for an outcome as you are is because of them.   I know it's easy for someone on the internet to say "look after yourself", "do this to help with stress" etc, but if you do feel you need extra help with dealing with your stress/worry, please don't be afraid to seek help from a doctor yourself. A "well" you is the best sort of support for your dad and brother.   I wish I could offer more support and I'm sure that if anyone else of the CAG community has any other suggestions, I'm sure they will come here and let you know.  
    • Ok update.  I have spent the last week or two, trying to get help from the Staff Nurses and Matron, regarding the Consultant or someone to have my dads lack of capacity documented, either their own paperwork or me sending COP3. I   they have informed the consultant looking after my dad, who at this moment is sounding very ill, with medical issues on top of delirium and confusion, he is apparently having blood transfusion bag things. not eating and drinking. I have even spoken to the consultants secretary to explain the urgent matter and to have the consultant contact over the last few days WITHOUT SUCCESS, conversion ended today with its a legal form can I take it into hospital personally, er..I dont drive and Im in Northampton, Hospital is Stockton on Tees.    the nurses cant help need to speak to consultant!!!!!!! conversation ended with well I will complain to PALS, GMC secretary of Health or whoever......reply was looks like it then?   I have just compiled a 3 page letter [well e mail one] sent to PALS, I will follow up with a written one and to whoever else I can contact.   I need this medical form before I can do anything else with court or appointee   anyone have any ideas cos Im now at my gasping point, wondering why the hell am I taking on all this stress and worry, then I think of my younger brother, and that reminds me why I am doing it and doing it for.
    • Second charge mortgage market returns to growth View the full article
    • You can't "take advantage of the discount period and argue later" if this means pay up at discount and then appeal.   Paying closes the case, at discount or otherwise.   Only time it doesn't is for removals.
  • Recommended Topics

  • Our picks

  • Recommended Topics

Paid F+F to CL on GE Edge card debt - now won't remove default

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3614 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

why not just call the number withholding your own and see who answers "Hello its Mr Peter Smith you left a message on my phone earlier who are you" get the drift, but don't give any details as they are probably phishing

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

Link to post
Share on other sites

could be Optima Legal

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.


Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.











R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think this is the lewis group DCA

All comments are well meant but i am not legally qualified only CAG educated:D



In the slight chance i have been helpful please click the scales:)

Link to post
Share on other sites
just rang it - "offices are now closed open mon-fri 8am-7pm" but no mention of who the company is, obviously don't want you to know


I don't agree, they've left their number, hardly the tactics of a company trading anonymously. DCA's are usually in your face.

I reside in Dawlish Warren but am not a rabbit.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the lewis group DCA

All comments are well meant but i am not legally qualified only CAG educated:D



In the slight chance i have been helpful please click the scales:)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes you are correct, it was Abdul from the Lewis Group....

Who Calls me updated:


Edited by Bazooka Boo

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!



Link to post
Share on other sites

Hiya all.


Sorry i couldnt reply properly before - was in here on my phone.


I did call them back and was gonna hang up but was on hold for yonks so gave in and thought i'd ask here.


I do have a live account with Lewis group - no problems, been paying them by standing order for months. I wont be contacting them anyway. Thay can write to me if it's so important


Thanks all

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 7 months later...

Hi all


Yet another situation to pick your brains over.


I have a small debt which has resulted in yet another lovely default on Credit Report.


I am paying and have been paying the token £1 per month for quite a while now.


They have asked me if i can up the payment to £1.20 (which i can)

but then i got thinking, maybe i should just offer them percentage and settle the debt on the understanding they remove the default.


Ok - so i only owe £132, from what i've read on here, 15% is the going rate for settlements however £19.80 doesnt seem a lot to get them to settle this debt.


Should i go up higher or stick to the 15 %???


Thanks in advance... :cool:

Link to post
Share on other sites
It is with a DCA, i have been paying them the £1.


The OC issued the default against me.



Hi Mebel


If the debt is with the OC [ original creditor ] then you could try & offer 50% of the debut on condition they remove the default from your credit file.Might be worth a try, as my old grandma used to say ... " if you don't ask, you don't get".


good luck



Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless they are going to wipe your CF you aren't going to gain anything.

so make sure they agree to this in exchange for 2 years worth of payments, £24 if they refuse send another letter offering £20 :D

Having said you won't gain at least you won't have the aggro of making the payment every month.

good luck

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hiya Middxx


The debt is now with the DCA, it has been for a couple of years i think.


I could stretch to 50% but will start lower to give myself haggling space. from what ive read in here 5-15% is the going rate but that's probably for much bigger debts. i was just wondering what would be a decent starting point...:)


Hardup, thats what i'm going to do then.. do i ask for it in writing before i pay (the wiping of the CRA)?

Link to post
Share on other sites

have you made sure they agreement is enforceable?



please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I Havent even done that dx i thought as its small maybe i should just get it out the way.


Do you mean check its enforcability and perhaps use that as a bargaining tool??

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes that is what DX means, sorry I always presume this has been done.

But in my opinion if you can be rid for £24 then all the letter writing postage and ink is saved on but its your call,

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...



I have received my CCA from them, its got a company called Edge as the heading. It is also titiled ''credit Card agreement'' even though this was finance in a shop for stereo equipment and the original Creditor is CL Finance.


It has my signature etc and looks ok.


I have no Default Notice


Now, I am going to make them an F&F offer to remove the default. On the baisi they have the agreement should i offer 15% bearing in mind this would only equate to £19.65?

Edited by Melbel
Link to post
Share on other sites

Upon closer inspection, it appears the cca could be unenforceable.


There is no credit limit (even though they mention changing it from time to time)

The paperwork has highlighted bits missing where they are supposed to fill in info such as my address, interest charges etc..


CL finance have defaulted me and sent me the CCA although the agreement was between me and GE money.


I think I will point out the flaws in the agreement along with a 15% offer

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 10 months later...

Morning Caggers


I had a small debt worth around £122 with CL Finance which was being pursued by the Lewis Group.


To cut a long story short, I CCA'd them and told them the agreement was unenforceable and offered them a percentage in F&F settlement to remove the default and close the account.


They disagreed the CCA was unenforceable (surprise surprise) but agreed to the F&F settlement.


Great, so I pay the percentage as promised on the last week in April. Checked my credit file yesterday and they have removed the percentage off the debt but not settled the account!!!


Obviously I need to write to them but I was wondering is there a standard letter or wording I could use and also, what do I threaten them with??


Is this a common thing with DCA's and how long should my file have taken for it to show as settled?? I noticed it had been updated on the 26/5/11 so Im assuming the 'settled' should have easily showed by now?



Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...