EGG credit card withdrawn

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5040 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am contemplating issueing small claims proceedings against egg for a reduction of interest rates and recovery of some interest paid.

They have withdrawn my card, which has a balance of £9k. i have been a customer 12 years never defaulted. never paid late.

My argument is that the interest rate not only covers funds advanced for purchases, it includes charges for a level of service they have now withdrawn and expect me to pay the same interest rates, as if it hadnt been withdrawn.

Is this an arguable claim?

thanks

I am contemplating issueing small claims proceedings against egg for a reduction of interest rates and recovery of some interest paid.

They have withdrawn my card, which has a balance of £9k. i have been a customer 12 years never defaulted. never paid late.

My argument is that the interest rate not only covers funds advanced for purchases, it includes charges for a level of service they have now withdrawn and expect me to pay the same interest rates, as if it hadnt been withdrawn.

Is this an arguable claim?

thanks

I would stay out of court.

Go through their (Eggs) complaints procedure, if you don't get a final response within say 6 weeks then start a claim with the FOS.

All this is free to you, win or lose.

Do a Subject Access Request so you are armed with all the data they have on you. If they hiked your interest rate recently several times before withdrawing the facilities, all this can form part of your complaint.

Might get you some £££ back or save you some £££ over time. Maybe best to look to do a bal tx in the meantime?

Once again, keep away from the courts!