Wescott Credit Services

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5014 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, can anyone help me with a bit of advice please?

I have a debt originally with Barclaycard from over 3 years ago, i have been paying a regular agreed monthy sum to a DCA, I have now had a letter from Wescott demanding that I pay the full amount, I have had no notification that this debt has been passed on. I have read quite a few threads on this site, where people are requesting CCA's, do you think I should stop payments and ask for one or just continue to pay my monthy amount but to Westcott instead? I have spoken to them once on the phone but they wern't having any payment plan they wanted the full amount......Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Send a CCA to Westcot, they have to prove a debt exists and they have the right to collect. Besides, why should you pay any Tom,Dick or Harry that comes along saying that you owe them? Until you are officially notified by Barclaycard that the a/c has been transferred I wouldn't pay them a penny. ;)

Do not speak to them on the 'phone, everything needs to be in writing... it leaves a nice paper trail which they cannot deny at a later date.

Oh dear wetcloths with their delusions of grandeur!

They can demand full payment all they like, but there not going to get it!

Who was the original DCA you have been paying? And what amount?

Is the debt for a sharklaycard? When did you take the card out?

Did they send you a default notice? And a notice of assignment to say that they were handing it to a DCA?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks for the advice, i have got a copy of the CCA request letter that I will send off to Wescott. I have been paying Credit Solutions and had no notification that they were selling the debt on to Wescott. The Barclaycard was from when I was married and I have now been seperated for over 3 years. im now living with my new partner and really worried that he will find out about it, he doesn't know I have been paying it off each month.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I have recieved a reply from Wescot regarding the cca, they have now said I need to send another postal order,they have returnedmy first one, payable to barclaycard and that they will put my account on hold for 14 days, should I make a payment to them or just wait for them to get back to me, any advice would be very much appreciated

You wait for 14 working days to pass since they received the original CCA request, and then you send them a letter by recorded delivery to say that the account is in dispute. They know full well that they are required to supply the agreement, and it baffles me why they play this silly game.

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/571-failiure-to-provide-a-copy-of-the-agreement-within-the-prescribed-timescale

Who did you make out the first PO to?

For future reference postal orders should be left blank so they can fill them in themselves, have they said that you need to send the CCA request to Barclays yourself, or just that the PO needs to be addressed to them?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Who did you make out the first PO to?

For future reference postal orders should be left blank so they can fill them in themselves, have they said that you need to send the CCA request to Barclays yourself, or just that the PO needs to be addressed to them?

Hi BB

Not strictly true ;). You would think that would be the case but it doesn't always work :rolleyes: (as shown below).

I used to send blank POs, mainly in the interest of receiving them back as not required (e.g. Cabot return them) in the hope of using them again, or cashing them if near the 6 month expiry date. 8-)

I sent a blank PO to Marlin Finacial Services for a CCA request, but unbelievably they returned it saying it was "incomplete". :rolleyes:

I filled their name in and sent it back with a letter containing the following;

I refer to your letter of 2nd July 2008, which was in response to my Section 78 CCA1974 request of 28th June 2008, in which you stated that you could not proceed with my request as the included Postal Order was incomplete and returned the aforementioned Postal Order and asked me to make it payable to ‘Marlin Financial Services Limited’.

Having checked with my local Post Office I have been informed that there was absolutely nothing to prevent you paying the Postal Order into your account as it was presented, or if you had preferred, the Payee details could have been filled in by yourselves. This leads me to the conclusion that your behaviour is petty and obstructive.

However, using a skill which I was taught at school at the age of about 5 or 6 years which goes under the name of writing, that’s w-r-i-t-i-n-g, and using a highly complicated piece of equipment called a pen, I have managed to perform this huge task for you. Forgive me if you cannot write or your office does not possess a pen.

The Postal Order which I have returned to you hopefully now meets your very strict requirements.

Please be aware that as my original request of 28th June 2008 which included a legitimate payment met the requirements of Section 78 CCA 1974, then the time which you were allowed to fulfil your obligations started upon your receipt of that request which, according to Royal Mail, was signed for on 30th June 2008. By the time you receive this letter, unless a copy of the requested agreement has reached me from yourselves, you will be in default of my request.

Cheers

Rob

PS I now write the Payee details in pencil ;)

Edited by robcag
Added PS