does anyone know about Sony handycam errors?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4221 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

REALLY MAD WITH MYSELF!!!

I have got a Sony handycam HDR-SL10 currently displaying an error message of E:31:00 format error

Has anyone any knowledge of what this means and whether I have lost hours of footage of the kids which I stupidly havent backed up?

I have got a week warrently left and when I rang Sony today they said that it was not in their interest to save my data, they will just wipe the built in hard drive if indeed I get it to them in time......

Has anyone come across this problem and are Sony good at honouring their warrenties?

Thanks for you time

Hi,

Sorry I can't help, I went on the sony help site and some guy wanted me to pay him :shock:

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi

If you Google "E:31:00 format error" you'll see that it is a pretty well known problem with this, and a couple of other Sony models. There is a very strong chance that you will loose all the video you have recorded. There are a few options open to you.

1. Re-format the hard drive yourself. This leaves you with an empty hard drive but still the same one.

2. return the camera to the shop you bought it from for repair (unless you bought it directly from Sony). By all accounts Sony are good with their warranty claims and may in fact replace the hard drive.

Both the above will most likely loose all your recordings.

3. See if you can find a local data recovery company, or local IT shop, who may be able to recover the recordings before the hard drive dies. However, this method may invalidate your warranty.