style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3683 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi, i have had one note left at my house, from marstons bailiffs acting for magistrate court. my fine owed is 222.98, marstons are charging me 75.00 for ? plus 200.00 for the bailiff, total of 275.00. i have not seen the bailiff is 275.00 a right amount. how do i go about claiming it back if i can any help please . what could they do if i just dont pay the charges

Edited by kardave
missed bit out

were you aware you had a fine

hi , yes i knew but my son is in long term hospital and i suffer from depression and anxiety and , well i have no excuse i just overlooked it. i have had just one note from them. i phoned and said i would pay the 222.98, which is what i owe, they said i have to pay the 275.00 charges. can they come and take my goods for their charges if i just pay original amount..

Im sure some one with more knowledge on this matter will be along shortly. You can plead your case with the bailiffs, but it is very rare that they will reduce their charges, but I could be wrong.

thanks , its worth a try just seems a lot

Wait for Kelcou to come along, cos she will help more about this, however it would appear you are classed as vulnerable under the national standards for enforcement 2002.

If this is the case then she will have a letter template somewhere for you which you should send to the bailiff company, who then should, note i said should, refer it back to the court.