How about this

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4996 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

But who actually owns the land? Each flat doesn't own the road - it will belong to the management company.

You don't have to agree to anything - they can just put the signage up one day.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it's communally managed, not communally owned in all likelihood.

Without seeing the lease that comes with the flat, this is all conjecture.

It'll come down to signage on the ground. Ignore OPC but keep their paperwork.

bit dissapointed no more invoices still at 5. But I have spoken to people about the parking and people are genuinely scared to park as they think it is legal. They are unwilling to listen to what i say even if I direct them to this web site

bit dissapointed no more invoices still at 5. But I have spoken to people about the parking and people are genuinely scared to park as they think it is legal. They are unwilling to listen to what i say even if I direct them to this web site

Some people cant and wont see the wood from the trees!!!

I looked at the issue of residential parking schemes when I did the last re-write of the clamping guide. Many of the issues are pertinent whether they involve permit schemes, clamping or PPC invoices. The appendix in the Clamping guide may give the OP some thoughts as to how to proceed.

Management companies are usually bought in to administer property on behalf of landowners. The land-registry should be able to provide details of who owns what.

We need to see the lease of the OP and the deeds of the property that the landlord holds and any contract that the landlord has with the Management company.

I encountered a similiar problem with a management company who insisted on no parking on the access roads in the business estate in which I worked. The lease was with our employer and the contract was with them. The end result was they brought in a clamping firm. I wasn't in a financial position to try it but I would like to take through the courts and ask them to demonstrate what losses they had incurred as a result of this parking on the access roads.

OPC are trying to enforce under contract for what is essentially a matter of trespass. As always this is highly suspect and the usual issues of their rights to offer a contract for parking or non-parking come into play. Just be wary if they threaten to clamp you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The legal debate aside, ask yourself what a decent person would do if they had parked incorrectly and received a ticket.

Payment is a mark of respect for the regulations, as I'm sure most people would agree.

hello perky

i see you havent booked your holiday then...

been a bit short on fleecing money from people have we...

need to drum up a bit of spare funding!

ignore the troll

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The legal debate aside, ask yourself what a decent person would do if they had parked incorrectly and received a ticket.

Ah, right, we should put the law aside and pay invoices that are unenforceable in law. If that's your best arguement, it demonstrates you're getting really desperate.

Payment is a mark of respect for the regulations, as I'm sure most people would agree.
I'm sure you're attempting to appear very reasonable, unfortunately it merely comes across as santimonious twaddle.

Who is this Gerald Maskell? Sounds like an airline bervarage, and we are not talking TWA Coffee!

Sounds more like a very shady character out of a Mills And Boon novel, intent on seducing the heroine. The sort of man who wears a blazer and a cravat.

Gerald I put an invoice on your post could you pay it please to demonstrate what a fine upstanding citizen you are.

Cost is £1,000 if you pay within 24 hours or £24,000,000 if you let it go more than one day

urm..

he got ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPeeeeeeeeddddddddddd..

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

When I start getting my [problem] letters and invoices from the parking fools. I am going to send them back in an envelope but not stamp them. The fools will pay the excess post in the hope that some mug is sending them a cheque, that would drain their money even quicker and I will have given them a small fine. :razz:

or put on envelope "check enclosed"

they will think its dosh , not that it means check whats inside :rolleyes:

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

I see a regular supply of Charity Bags that arrive here, or rather they stop here, temporarily, on their journey!

Last year, I managed to parcel up a totally unopened telephone directory.

It took a bit of getting into the local post box, but I got it in, eventually, [as the gardener said to the art mistress]

I wonder what they made of that?

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

Hi

I live on a private road which has parking monitored by OPC. The car I own got a parking ticket off them last year for parking right outside where i live at almost 11pm (there were no spaces available). As the contract is between the driver and company - as the registered keeper i was not liable. I wrote back a number of letters and was threatened court action at the end of last year but did not hear a thing.

A couple of weeks ago the car got another ticket at again nearly 11pm again because no spaces were available.

Subsequently I got a county claim for the ticket last year AND another request to pay the inflated ticket of £100 for the more recent ticket.

I have put forward my defence for the ticket last year and am now waiting for a date to go to the small claims court.

It is nerve racking, especially the threat of a CCJ - although i have found that if it is paid with one month the CCJ will not appear on your record for the six years - is this true?

I would like to know under what circumstances can a private parking ticket be enforced by a judge? I have read through and there does not seem to be anything in law to say either way - even the British Parking Association say that private parking tickets on private roads are outside the law. I have written to my local MP to express my total amazement at this.

Any advice will be appreciated - feel free to message me privately.