A case of unfair dismissal or not?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5040 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was sacked from my previous job on the 9th April 2010 for a load of bull**** reasons, I'll try and explain it all without making it too long to read.

Basically I worked in a snooker hall and the manager came in on a Sunday evening at the end of trade and sat down with me to ask me some questions (this was the first time anything was ever mentioned)

He accused me of allowing smoking on the premises (to which I was unaware and there is no CCTV proof)

Giving away table play (which I did but was unaware it was a sackable offence)

Allowing customers to stay after closing times (until 3am, at the time the normal closing time was about 12pm because it was always so quiet but our licence was actually until 3am so technically, did nothing wrong there)

Closed an hour early because there was one customer in the building to save money)

The next morning (monday morning) he called me and said I was sacked and to collect my termination of employment. I started on January 4th so I had passed my 13 week probationary period. There was no meeting to discuss the matters, no performance review. Literally mentioned it Sunday night and I was unemployed monday morning. I was paid in lieu of notice but it just seems a bit too quick if that makes sense?

Was he actually within his rights doing it this way or is there the possibility of taking the matter further?

Thanks

Mike

As you've been employed under 12 months they can just dismiss you - without even giving a reason. I doubt you can actually take it any further, unless there's some type of discrimination. Something very similar happened to my son in his first job.

I know you'll be really angry and wanting to do something, but I'd suggest you move on as soon as you can and look for something else.

Best of luck.