• Tweets

• you will have to start opening any mail that arrives so you can head problems off at the pass
    • we will need more details of hjow the phone sim ad bank accout are linked and why insurance seems to be what they are grouching about. Start at the beginning, name the bank and phone provider and whilst you are at it go through your bank statements to see if there is anything that resembles what yiyu are accused of. Also look at your credit files and see who has been  putting their feet all over it. if you have a great block of red inkl courtesy fo a phone provider them that will be the link but also understand that you might not have bought a data contract but some other product linked to the phone or not connected to it in any way
    • so they have wasted a bit of time on something that is pointless for both parties. A bank statement is not proof of debt, even if it shows the account is in the red because the terms of the account and any other associated accounts were not included. Who knows, the Norwegian bank may have agreed a contract with you that says you dont have to pay them unless you feel like it nd what proof do CLI have that isnt the case? If you havent paid a bean since 2013 they cant collect anyway as they will have to use UK law to make a claim so debt is SB and if you havent serviced the debt in Norway since 2008 they are dead in the water there, assuming they want to pay for a ferry trip for you in the first place
    • Looking for some advice, back in 2015 I bought a ee sim card for data not a mobile phone and it was not on a contract it was a monthly thing where as I understood I paid £20 and had 20gb of data to use.   I stopped topping up after 2 months and the data stopped, after applying for a c/c I was refused and my bank account was cancelled and I was told to check CIFAS file and was shocked to find   First party fraud - (Opening an account or other facility for a fraudulent purpose or the fraudulent misuse of an account or facility;or taking out an insurance policy for a fraudulent purpose or the fraudulent misuseof an insurance policy and/or insurance policy documentation)   Which looks like they are saying I opened my bank account to commit fraud, I had the bank account 7 years before.   So any ideas how I go about getting this removed
    • The SRA should take action but they dont and I think one of the reasons is the lack of court cases to show  malfeasance.
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
Dodgy Geezer

Please Help With A Fund Raising Idea

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3690 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

As an addition to the thread regarding generating income, i have started this one separately to avoid info overload.

I have posted an idea that needs a lot of feedback regarding legalities/peoples interest.

I am happy to give my time, and pay start up costs, as long as i don't get out of my depth.

I have done some research but do not want to proceed any further without permission.

Licences : Directgov - ( Scroll down to Gambling licences )

If you have any suggestions, please feel free to help.

Thank you.

How about an annual / bi annual / or monthly prize draw.

An annual prize draw could be done by people purchasing tickets @ £1 per ticket, over the period from say, Jan 1st to Dec 10th with the draw being made and paid out, in time for xmas.

If you could sell just 5,000 tickets, and have 3 prizes of say,

1st prize £ 1,000

2nd prize £ 500

3rd prize £ 250

Very handy for xmas and generates an acceptable profit.

If it generated enough interest, there are lots of variations available.

Dont shoot me, its just a thought.:p

I don't know where things stand with gambling and gaming laws but if it was possible CAG could do a draw with the pot split 40% for 1st place - 20% for 2nd - 10% for 3rd and CAG keeping the remaining 30%, on 5000 people playing £1 each, the pot goes £2000 for 1st place, £1000 for 2nd and £500 for 3rd, with CAG netting £1500. If all regulars did £1 per week it would easily top that figure in time for this Christmas

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar